Change Mode

Almost any sound card will be better then onboard, In a way. Even though the onboard sound has gotten pretty good especially with optical, problem is the onboard transfer and CPU load it will add.

The X-Fi series is great, I have the X-Fi Fatality and clean sound, never driver issues, fits my every need, except no optical which I kinda needed. This would be good for you.

The OEM versions save you $$ and still work. Other then creative, you kinda use the other guys for more media use such as recorders and those guys.

http://techreport.com/articles.x/14500

With that whole driver issue Creative had, buying anything Creative is a foolish choice. Plus the sound card in the review I posted is as good as the Xfi, and a lot cheaper.

Id choose the Asus one myself, I wanted to for him but it was so $$. I never had an issue yet with my creative. I think its Vista. Same with Vista and Nvidia.

Why would I lie? It's not a rebranded card. It's its own unique card, and better in many ways compared to X-fi.

I was to understand that the Xonar was the Creative card with different drivers and "better" solution to audio? I need to study this one up. Now i wont be able to sleep. :lol:

What ever gave you that idea? I don't think it's in Asus' best interest to compete with Creative by offering the exact same thing.

Max PC reviewed it like that.

man, i just cant even think right now, all i can think about is :filtered: gas prices. $4.20 a gallon here and I cant even go dirtbikin since my truck goes about 10-11mpg. My wallets EMPTY.

Once I save up, if i can, ill get a Xonar. :mrgreen:

I was to understand that the Xonar was the Creative card with different drivers and "better" solution to audio? I need to study this one up. Now i wont be able to sleep. :lol:

The card you are thinking about is the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude. The Xonar is nothing more than a prettied up C-Media 8788 based card, with Asus's modified software to run it.

Hmm I had a card just like that that came with my Asus mobo. Never have tried it cause I already have the Audigy 4 that seems to work well, but the volume wont go as high as the onboard sound on most systems.

I may have to unrap it and toss it in to see how it sounds in comparison! B)