Change Mode

Music Download Services

I have tried just recently with Napster, and cancelled very quick. Unfortunatly my system way surpases the minimum requirements but as I downloaded music it would duplicate every song, and it had corrupt files and caused my system to go into B.S.O.D. I used to use a long time ago I-Tunes and MSN music downloads and both worked great with Windows XP. Haven't tried yet with Vista. Looking for a good service, even if it is .99c a song, for Vista.

Thanks

I just use itunes, works like a charm. I dont have an ipod, but who cares, I just convert those files to MP3 for my cell phone.

Itunes is the easiest and smoothest running one I have tried. Easy interface, clean files, and it doesnt install 2 million programs. It doesnt even bug you! it just sits there if you dont use it, it doesnt say "hey pal, you been gone for like a month, dont'cha miss me?"

I hate that. :lol:

Stick to itunes

Try this site:

musicmp3

I've been using it for a few years now, it's fast cheap and reliable (get a whole album for $1.50).

You do need a paypal account, but all the files are MP3 format with no DRM.

I did some research first to check the legality of the site, but it all seems ok.

thanks all for your help. I will check them all out. Bluesman821 am looking at that one right now. Looks pretty good and really low prices, also works right off WMP.

I have tried just recently with Napster, and cancelled very quick. Unfortunatly my system way surpases the minimum requirements but as I downloaded music it would duplicate every song, and it had corrupt files and caused my system to go into B.S.O.D. I used to use a long time ago I-Tunes and MSN music downloads and both worked great with Windows XP. Haven't tried yet with Vista. Looking for a good service, even if it is .99c a song, for Vista.

Thanks

Try LimeWire. Its all free. Everything from music to software.

The fact that Ocean is looking for a paid service means he wants to go the legit route, so Limewire isn't a feasible option. I've heard good things about Zune marketplace, but it's DRM encrusted. They have an unlimited download service for $15/month.

And Limewire sucks. Frostwire is a much better program, as is Ares.

Edited by brandon

Thats a good one Bruce! Great varity and DRM free. Saved it in my favorites. Brandon your right, Limewire is bad for any computer.

Jacee, I have checked it out already and they have 30 second clips. I think all sites I have seen so far do.

The fact that Ocean is looking for a paid service means he wants to go the legit route, so Limewire isn't a feasible option. I've heard good things about Zune marketplace, but it's DRM encrusted. They have an unlimited download service for $15/month.

And Limewire sucks. Frostwire is a much better program, as is Ares.

I use Limewire, hadn't had any problem, hmm.. is Frostwire something like Kazaa Lite had (Lite version with no spyware and stuff).. Ares I used to use, I had problems with it connecting to the net with my router so I uninstalled it, but when it worked it was the best I used..

Ares Galaxy

Frostwire is Limewire, except with no ads, and the features of Limewire Pro, which you have to pay for.

And I like Ares far more. I haven't found one fake file on Ares, and it has much better results. Of course, it doesn't download anywhere near as fast, but much better results is worth the tradeoff.

Frostwire is Limewire, except with no ads, and the features of Limewire Pro, which you have to pay for.

And I like Ares far more. I haven't found one fake file on Ares, and it has much better results. Of course, it doesn't download anywhere near as fast, but much better results is worth the tradeoff.

Thanks brandon will try frostwire and ares again.. Good Bye Limewire, brandon says you suck!! so you do :lol::P