Change Mode

Why DirectX, and not OpenGL? I'm curious, since I recall one of the admins mentioning that the pit test was going to move away from ActiveX. If it moves to something like Java, it would be possible to run the pit test on any operating system, but DirectX would basically throw all that out the window.

Edited by brandon

Looks good. I need a good reason to upgrade my 7800 to a 9800. -----Or should i wait for the 10800???-- :pullhair: Crysis,FEAR,Oblivion,Doom,BioShock wasn't enough!!! I can still play. :P Seriously-- Lookig forward to trying it.

Edited by tlhudson69

Now I_G can boast his video cards, damn I can no longer do those video tricks and post a high score compared to his video card monsters :hammer::P ...

Yes its finally coming, its about time to move to 3D.. Oh well thanks for the news I_G :)

• 2 months later...

As one of the people that has been asking for this for many years, I have to say, Its nice to know that the Pit does listen to some suggestions from its members. :hammer:

Let me know when its up and running.

X_C

As one of the people that has been asking for this for many years, I have to say, Its nice to know that the Pit does listen to some suggestions from its members. :hammer:

Let me know when its up and running.

X_C

Just a few years late, but still... I'm glad it's finally getting done :thud:

Thx I_G

we could make this test a staple on Forum wars... Hoorah!

Raymo

Nvidia 8800GTX will be raffled on the 8th at TRP.... (hope this doesn't get deleted too)

Just a few years late, but still... I'm glad it's finally getting done :thud:

Thx I_G

we could make this test a staple on Forum wars... Hoorah!

Raymo

Nvidia 8800GTX will be raffled on the 8th at TRP.... (hope this doesn't get deleted too)

Well, I keep pressing the delete button when I see your posts but I keep forgeting, I'm not an Admin here. :mrgreen::boxing:

Why DirectX, and not OpenGL? I'm curious, since I recall one of the admins mentioning that the pit test was going to move away from ActiveX. If it moves to something like Java, it would be possible to run the pit test on any operating system, but DirectX would basically throw all that out the window.

I thought the original intent of the test was to find problems with windows. If so, why would you want to run the test on a different OS? I thought the reason for going to Java was to be browser independent, not OS independent.

You can find problems with Windows in browsers other than Internet Explorer. If it were written in Java, not only would it work with almost every modern browser, it wouldn't be encumbered with the security risk that is ActiveX.

Although, I must say you have a good point... A default Linux/OSX install really doesn't have anything wrong with it, so I guess it would be somewhat pointless.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I have an issue for you, 3D test will not run on my system. Probably due to the Video Card I_G told me to get :angry:

Card: ATI 4870 X2

Screen Shot:

Posted Image

I_G, your in big trouble now!! :cr@sh::h3lp:

X_C