Change Mode

What is "Broadband Safe?"

:wp:

The difference between 'Broadband' and 'Safe' is in the size of the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU). The Safe option is for computers that use Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE). If you can boot up the computer and open a browser window and be on the Internet, you will want to use 'Broadband', if you first need to start a connection program and login before connecting to the Internet, you will want to use 'Safe'.

Wow... that's quite an explanation. I was feeling a little stupid thinking I was the only one who didn't know this. I'm curious as to why PC Pitstop would not include this explanation with the choices or in a definitions section. I've tried all kinds of searches and came up with nothing.

Thank you.

:wp:

The difference between 'Broadband' and 'Safe' is in the size of the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU). The Safe option is for computers that use Point to Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE). If you can boot up the computer and open a browser window and be on the Internet, you will want to use 'Broadband', if you first need to start a connection program and login before connecting to the Internet, you will want to use 'Safe'.

Good point. Optimize 1.5 had a couple of pop-open windows with the explanatory information about the connection choices. I will see if there is something like that in Optiomize 2.0 that I missed seeing. If it is not there we may be able to add it in a future update.