Change Mode

spyware etc on my pc

Sorry I havent got time to look to see if this is already a topic as whatever it is on my pc it keeps directing me else where.

Winifixer. I security. malaware. all automatically uploaded. I have Mvafee but it won't update and cant remove it. I have adaware have run a scan and removed all it said to. Tried to go to windows live to run full system scan but it wont let me install. Any ideas? How can I get rid of it. It redirects me every few words as I'm writing this so having great trouble.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

Debbie

:) many thanks Juliet. I'm scanning now. It wouldn't let me do anything and it somehow disabled Ad-aware and McAfee wouldn't update and couldn't delete clean or quarantene anything?

This is unbelievable so far 33 files infected. And I scanned only 2 days ago.

Thanks so much

:tup:

It wouldn't let me do anything and it somehow disabled Ad-aware and McAfee wouldn't update and couldn't delete clean or quarantene anything?

This is unbelievable so far 33 files infected. And I scanned only 2 days ago.

Sadly, some infections will disable all security programs and not allow anything to be downloaded.

The scan is finished and seems to have been very successful. I had 160 infected files!!!! thats just crazy. I scan regularly with both McAfee and Ad-aware but this was insane. It was sending me all over the place. To the most inappropriate sites. I'm glad it was me and not my kids on here today. Like I said in my first post it was allowing me to write a few words and then it would flick over to another page.

The more I said No to the things it was telling me to install the faster they were popping up.

So thanks once again for your speedy and valuable response

Debbie

Glad it's better.

I suggest that you start a new topic in our HJT forum and allow an analyst to look over your logs for remnants.

Download Trend Micro Hijack This™ and save to desktop.

It is important that you uninstall any previous versions by using Add/Remove programs in your control panel before installing a newer version.

Doubleclick the HJTInstall.exe to start it.

By default it will install HijackThis in the Program Files\Trendmicro folder and create a desktop shortcut.

Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.

Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.

Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.

Click on Edit-> Select All then click on "Edit -> Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.

Next please go to the HJT forum Here

Start a new thread, then paste the contents of your HJT log there. asking for help and be descriptive as possible about your problem. A Trusted Advisor will assist you.

Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet! Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Edited by Juliet