Sign in to follow this  
wizzkid

Livejasmine

Hi Guys,

Hope I have wrote this in the correct forum.....

I was searching through my comp just now & in the find files & folders box I entered "Live" as I was searching to see if Windows Live Mail was on my system (I couldn't find it in my programs & I ams gonna need it in June for my hotmail account, so I thought I would get in now). Any way it found a folder called img.livejasmin.com this was located at C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash\Player\#SharedObjects\GR5985CN

I know Livejasmin is a iffy site (sex stuff & what have you). I was just wondering if this folder should be there.

Also I found a folder called "www.LiveVideo.com" which is also located in C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash\Player\#SharedObjects\GR5985CN to me that sounds iffy also....

Are these folders OK or are they questionable stuff that should not be there.

Cheers,

Wizzkid

Hi WizzKid,

Well you posted this in our "Virus,spyware,Adware" section so I assume you think you have malware( virus-spyware ) on your pc? Those folders are normal if you go to those sites. If you never went to those sites then something very questionable is going on. However, it would be almost impossible for those to show up on your pc if you never went there.

What AV and antispyware do you use on your pc? Is it updated regulary?

This would have been better posted in our "user to user" forum, but it's ok.

Why don't you try this for starters as to see if any malware is on your pc.

Please download and install SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free edition)

• Load SUPERAntiSpyware and click the Check for Updates button.
  • Once the update has finished, exit SUPERAntiSpyware. Please do NOT run a scan yet!
IMPORTANT: Do NOT open any other windows or programs while SUPERAntiSpyware is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning process.
  • Open SUPERAntiSpyware and click the Scan your Computer button.
  • Check Perform Complete Scan and then click Next.
  • SUPERAntiSpyware will now scan your computer and when it’s finished it will list all the infections it has found.
  • Make sure that they all have a check next to them, and then click Next.
  • Click Finish and you will be taken back to the main interface.
  • It could be possible that it will ask you to reboot your computer in order to delete some files after reboot.
  • I'll need a log afterwards of what has been found.
  • To get the log, click Preferences and then click the Statistics/Logs tab. Click the dated log and press View Log and a text file will appear.
  • Please post the results of the SUPERAntiSpyware log in your next reply.

If you don't think you have malware on your pc you can skip my advice an not run SuperAntiSpyware, it's your choice. But most of those types of sites( sex related, etc ) are filled with malware, so I would suggest you do the above an tell us what AV you use as I asked and run a full scan with it as well.

Best Regards,

Wademan™

Hi Wademan,

Thanks for the reply. I already have SuperAnti-Spyware on my machine. I have ran all my anti-nasty programs & nothing has shown up. The programs I have ran are superantispyware, Adaware, A-squared, Spybot, AVG Anti-spyware, Hijackthis & CWShredder & my Anti-virus is AVG all updated regularly. So I presume it's nothing to worry about.

Cheers

Wizzkid