Sign in to follow this  
wizzkid

Uninstalling Sunbelt Counterspy

Hi all,

The other day I attempted to uninstall Sunbelt Counterspy. I discovered there was no entry for it in the add/remove programs list (no uninstaller either), so it came down to a manual unistall (don't like doing it) I deleted every single entry for counterspy from my computer even the registry with numerous cleaners but it continually came up with errors from counterspy (it isn't even on my PC, I thought). Luckilly I made a restore point & I restored my PC & the errors went away. I have removed counterspy from my startup menu using MSCONFIG, but I have discovered that it is running behind the scenes anyway. So I blocked it with my firewall and then errors appear and my PC freezes, the three finger shuffle won't even work. Anyway, does any one know of a uninstallation program that will get rid of the blighter totally, it's a pain in the booty.

Thanks.

Wizzkid

There's limks to remove this program, but the sunbelt support web site is currently down at this moment. Give it till tomorrow and google "remove sunbelt counterspy" and go to the support web link from sunbelt on instructions to remove it

Hi all,

Just to let you all know I have been successful in my quest... If any of you have the same pain with Counterspy this is what I did.

1. Downloaded & installed : Jv16 Power Tools, RegSeeker, Glary Utillities & CCleaner. (I had them on my pc already)

2. Make a system Restore Point.

3. In Safe Mode. Search > All files & folders > counterspy > when the search finds everything select it & delete it.

4. Run regseeker "click clean registry" & delete everything to do with sunbelt counterspy. Then still in regseeker select "find in registry" in the search box enter counterspy then delete all in finds.

5. Run JV16 Power tools Items for deleteion will displayed with a green dot at the side of it delete them.

6. Run Glary Utillities delete what it finds

7. Run CCleaner & delete what it finds.

If I remamber correctly that is everything I did and my system has been running now for quite a few hours with no problems. ( touch wood it will continue to do so)

Be careful I presume you could do some damage to the registry.

Thanks,

Wizzkid

Edited by wizzkid