Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

New Desktop thread

Here's my browser and the late morning theme for the wallpaper. It does change automatically based on time, and possibly even weather, but I can't 100%.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit: I woke up and it looked like this...

Posted Image

Edited by adam22

Looks good....and cold. Is the lizard inside the cube, or is it a wallpaper? It's trippin' me out.

I thought so. As for as I know, the only thing you can do with the cube's inside is put a fish tank or a gearbox. I prefer the former.

Karmic Koala. Thanks Duane.

your welcome adam, looks great man :)

have fun and get ready for lucid on 4/29/10 :tup:

Bought a 2nd monitor recently. hard to find good, non-stretched images 3840x1080 or larger.

had to do some photoshoppin to widen this image for my needs.

Thanks.

Mine is of my warm conservatory shining like a beacon in the cold. I've resized the picture just so it fits on the forum. Native size of my desktop is 1280x1024;

Posted Image

Edited by Wigan

That's a nice shot Wiggy :)

p.s. the roof on the right seems to have poor insulation as there's hardly any snow compared to the roof on't left :P

Orrrr the sun shines on that section of roof for the longest part of the day. :rolleyes:

Orrrr the sun shines on that section of roof for the longest part of the day. :rolleyes:

Impossible!

The sun only shines on the righteous :mrgreen:

I cannot say for sure how this has happened. I wasn't monitoring the situation. :lol:

I did take that picture at about half 12 am though, I initially went outside to get this picture;

Posted Image

No flash used, 2 second exposure F5 and ISO400.. That's actually how it looked to the eye, I just spun the tripod around for the conservatory one.

(and obviously changed some settings, before anyone mentions anything :mrgreen:)

Edited by Wigan

Posted Image

Click to enlarge. I wasn't going to post, but it's such a solid desktop you know xD

No need to click to "enlarge" here :mrgreen:

Nice, OC...

I got bored..changed icon themes, screenlets, and wallpaper. Been playing around with Compiz but apart from the shadow you wouldn't know it.

Posted Image

i need the steps to perform that exact theming over at linux tips forum right now sir :rollingpin:

Haha, I'll post with links after work (6 eastern). It's not too tough, just a matter finding working and matching stuff (which took some time). The biggest annoyance was the default RSS with the Screenlet Daemon didn't work right (or look right) so I had to dig to find one and then worked out a way for it to appear correctly with custom feeds. I'm glad you like it.

Edited by adam22

Sorry mine is as boring as watching... well put in your own metaphor! I like to click 20 times to get to where I want to go :P

Posted Image

Was going to do the Raptor Bowl and switched over to Win 7. Haven't been able to get Compiz going on openSUSE 11.2 yet. :(

Posted Image

I've tried like 5 different one click installers and the fusion plugins extra never seem to work. Not sure if I have tried this one, will give it a go.

:tup: