Sign in to follow this  
buckskinpass

Trend Micro PC cillin

I've run the online test and it reports that I don't have any antivirus Installed on my computer. I do have (Trend Micro Internet Security 2008) installed and running, Its a suite that has an antivirus module.

Just an FYI.

Click on the "Install Antivirus" tip and at the bottom of the page that opens is a link to report the product and get it added to the database.

Can you post a new Tech Express so we can get a look? Thanks.

Perfect.

I see a potential problem now...this is 64-bit Windows. Is your copy of Trend a 64-bit version as well?

In my own feeble mind, I was thinking along those lines... I decided to install the 32 bit version on my 32 bit XP partition and ran a test, surprisingly it doesn't show up either. I'll post a tech link once I reboot into XP.

Yeah, I think we should be identifying one of those Trend parts as the antivirus. I am not sure which at the moment though.

Also, there are some Symantec parts still running. Did you mean to do that, or is Norton just being stubborn? I would be interested to know, because I have had Symantec folks tell me several times that this doesn't happen.

Most of the leftovers were part of Symantec Live Update, I was able to uninstall that using add and remove. Funny how it all installs in 1 process and how it takes 2 or 3 steps to uninstall everything.

There were 2 services that wouldn’t uninstall, Symantec core and Symantec lic net connect. For the time being I just disabled them. It is fishy why they aren’t included in the in the uninstall processes.