SpywareBlaster & Firefox

Anyone else having a problem with these two? When I launch SpywareBlaster 4.0, it happily loads the definitions for IE, but when I try to enable the protection for Firefox 5.0 against tracking cookies, I get a dialogue box which reads:

Error: access violation at 0x005F71FC (tried to read from 0x07DA04C4), program terminated

I even installed and reinstalled again today, but the problem persists. 10041 items in the database are protecting my PC, none of them, it would seem, from Firefox-based threats.

Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by SuicideToast

If you use another antispyware program, it could be locking up the hosts file preventing spywareblaster from getting access. Try disabling any other antispyware progs and give it another go

hello

maby this here

Latest update for Spybot is causing problem for Spywareblaster (access violation)

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=206415

:)

Ah, that would appear to be the problem. Thanks, lurkingatu2. :)

As far as I know, there is no version 5 Firefox, there is however a Firefox v3.0 BETA 5 and if you are using the beta version I would remove it and download the stable version Firefox 2.0.0.14

Adamsappleone; you are of course, correct. I was in a bit of a hurry when I started this thread yesterday and wrote down a load of garbage about 5.0. I am indeed using 2.0.0.14.

I'll have a fiddle around with Spybot and see if I can get SpywareBlaster to work. Thank you all, for your replies. :tup:

Edit: All sorted out, now. Decided to update S&D before I messed about with anything and the problem is now gone. Thanks again, all (especially lurkingatu2)

Edited by SuicideToast