Sign in to follow this  
Mountainman1863

test stops at Checking Add/Remove List

This is repeatable. Also under Debug and omitting the Add/Remove section it still stops at Add/Remove Programs. Following is the only diagnostic I get. What do I do next?

[email protected]: Fell back to registry 1991 MHz (pre-lock)

[email protected]: raw 1991, locked 2000 MHz

[email protected]: Status 25174026, problem 0, video name Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D

[email protected]: Cannot LoadLibrary wnaspi32.dll

Try forcing a reinstall of the Active X control.

To completely remove the old Active X control, open a command prompt and type these commands:

CD\windows\downloaded program files

Then at the new prompt, type, one at a time, and hit the 'Enter' key after each command:

regsvr32 /u pcpitstop.dll

regsvr32 /u diskfau.dll

del pcpitstop.dll

del diskfau.dll

If you get messages that diskfau.dll can not be found that is OK. Newer versions do not have diskfau.dll.

When you test again it should then download a new control.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum....

when i did this : regsvr32 /u pcpitstop.dll

i got an error return code of 0x8002801c

and when i did this : regsvr32 /u diskfau.dll

i got a not found error

The other two commands went ok but now it does not d/l the pitstop.dll add-on and also gives me an IE error where i have to restart it. Ad infinitum.

XP Pro SP2 IE ver 6.0.2900.2180..... (more in my profile, and ZoneAlarm is OFF during this)

This is what happens.......well...

it is an IE alert box noting module dlltrack.dll

Edited by Mountainman1863

PM me an email address and I'll send you an automated removal tool to see if that will provide better results.

PM me an email address and I'll send you an automated removal tool to see if that will provide better results.

Sent....

I tried the tests under another login, also an admin one, but nothing different happened. I suppose as expected.

Having a heckovatime tyrying to send a PM. I sxent it twice but see no sent PM in my outbox.

I got your PM's but it looks like my emails are not getting to you.

Have you checked your junkmail?

I received the removal tool and ran it. Restarted and ran it again. First time it found 1 or 2 things to remove, but the PCPitstop testing stopped again at the same place. After a reboot I ran it again, and it found nothing to remove, so I tried to run the tests agaijn, butI IE6 will now not even start the tests without an error while downloading the dll. The diagnostic is dlltrack.dll which is not in my system, so apparently it needs to be there. No other IE6 add-ons are disabled and the pcpitstop add-on is not loaded. Any ideas?

Edited by Mountainman1863

The diagnostic is dlltrack.dll which is not in my system, so apparently it needs to be there.

Seems like dlltrack.dll is something from a Neilson monitoring program, according to this old thread:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/lofiversion/in...php/t57797.html

I am guessing that somehow the Neilsen software has messed up your browser configuration. Maybe something in that thread will help?

I've just run a Pit test on a new build and I've got the self-same problem. Freezes on ' checking Add/Remove ' My other two machines test fine.

Moon, do you have an old set of test results for that system? I am wondering if it was a recent change to the control. Also, what happens when it stops? Is there any kind of error message, like a yellow exclamation point in the status bar? Or does the browser lock up solid?

No Dave, it's a new system. It sails through the initial checks, including 'sending to Pitstop' then starts on 'Checking Add/Remove...' but freezes. I'll try it again now.

Nope. 'Checking Add/Remove Programs List O... ' is where it dies. No messages. Not so much as a 'Sorry moon, your compensatory cheque is in the post'.

Edited by moon

We've been thrugh a few different controls since 4/17. Try this again:

Download, unzip, and run the uninstall tool from this link:

http://pcpitstop.com/utilities/Remove-PCPitstop.zip

Once that completes, try running the test again. It should ask to install a new Active X control before running the test.

Let us know if the issue persists.

I have the same problem- the test freezes when it gets to checking signatures. I downloaded the removal tool and reinstalled the ActiveX control and the same problem persists. At first it says error on page in the bottom bar and then it went back to saying checking signatures but it has a yellow error icon. when I click on the icon and then open the details it says:

line 130

char 2

Error Object doesn't support this property or method

Code 0

URL http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/RunAddRem.asp

I am using 2 computers side by side and the other system has no problem running the test

I have the same problem- the test freezes when it gets to checking signatures. I downloaded the removal tool and reinstalled the ActiveX control and the same problem persists. At first it says error on page in the bottom bar and then it went back to saying checking signatures but it has a yellow error icon. when I click on the icon and then open the details it says:

line 130

char 2

Error Object doesn't support this property or method

Code 0

URL http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/RunAddRem.asp

I am using 2 computers side by side and the other system has no problem running the test

Once that completes, try running the test again. It should ask to install a new Active X control before running the test.

I used the uninstall tool (again) and then cleared all temp files, cookies, etc.

I then tried the tests again- same results with the same error at the same place.

Try this:

open a command prompt and type these commands:

Then at the new prompt, type, one at a time, and hit the 'Enter' key after each command:

regsvr32 /u diskfau.dll

del pcpitstop.dll

del diskfau.dll

Try this:

open a command prompt and type these commands:

regsvr32 /u diskfau.dll

del pcpitstop.dll

del diskfau.dll

Tried it - got error messages with each one- system could not find them

Just used the uninstall tool again - from the zip file and then tried the test again - same error

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* I just uninstalled IE7 and tried the tests again. They all ran with no errors.I'm going to reinstall IE7 and I'll let you know how it works after the reinstall

:clap:

Edited by headhntr

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* I just uninstalled IE7 and tried the tests again. They all ran with no errors.I'm going to reinstall IE7 and I'll let you know how it works after the reinstall

:clap:

Reinstalled IE7 - No problems with the test. It must be a browser issue. There was one other site that had an unrelated issue and it also went away after the reinstall of IE7.

A suggestion for those who are having this problem. Go to www.iwon.com and click the sign in button on the top left; the screen should look somewhat translucent and a pop up will appear in the center of the page asking you to register or sign in. If you have the same problem that I had, the screen will change, but you will not get the pop up to sigh in or register. If you do get the pop up, you have a different issue than I had.

I tried just about every combination of security settings and internet option settings that I could think of and nothing worked until I uninstalled IE7

Here is a link to an Internet Explorer 7 removal tool from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/927177

Don't worry about uninstalling IE7 - Your system will just revert to IE6