Sign in to follow this  
shotrock

Broadband?

Some websites (major league baseball.com, espn.com, etc.) are now using what they call a Broadband feature which to me is one big pain in the ......navigating becomes torturous and requires extreme patience, which none of us have .... right? Has anyone found a way around this brilliant invention? Perhaps my 98SE has become obsolete?

Some websites (major league baseball.com, espn.com, etc.) are now using what they call a Broadband feature which to me is one big pain in the ......navigating becomes torturous and requires extreme patience, which none of us have .... right? Has anyone found a way around this brilliant invention? Perhaps my 98SE has become obsolete?

Broadband is DSL or cable.Dialup is always slower than these.There is no way to speed up a dialup connection to match or even come close to broadband.The solution is to get a broadband connection.

Broadband is DSL or cable.Dialup is always slower than these.There is no way to speed up a dialup connection to match or even come close to broadband.The solution is to get a broadband connection.

If you mean a "broadband connection" like I have with cable (3 MB), I have that.....its makes no difference.

i believe you're refering to sites that have redesigned to use FLASH for broadband customers. i do agree with you that it makes it pretty, but at the cost of being navigationally friendly.

only way around it is to select "dial-up version" if it asks you on the homepage of each site. if there is no option offered by the particular website, then you're simply out of luck.

i believe you're refering to sites that have redesigned to use FLASH for broadband customers. i do agree with you that it makes it pretty, but at the cost of being navigationally friendly.

only way around it is to select "dial-up version" if it asks you on the homepage of each site. if there is no option offered by the particular website, then you're simply out of luck.

I think you are exactley right!! What kind of setup do I need to make it friendly? Or is that even possible?

i am not sure of what you mean setup? if you are refering to building a computer? than anything would work really, it's mostly dependant on your internet connection. if you only have like 256 megs of ram, then i guess that could slow it down a tad....

one thing you'll mostly need for the sites that are "broadband enabled" is Adobe Flash player, but since you can browse the sites already, than you already have it.

other than make sure you have some form of broadband, and a semi-recent computer, there is nothing you can do about the websites, other than if they present a menu at the homepage, to click the "dial up version"