Change Mode

Advanced System Care Free

Guest Adamsappleone

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah it's no longer the pro version, now it's out of beta they now charge for the pro version, not much of a thank you for being a guinea pig, but quick tip, if you want the pro version go back to using RC3 and block it from updating, you can then continue using the beta of the pro that was pretty stable all things considered.

I must admit it's not often you see that, virtually all download links for the old version appear to direct to the latest version now, you usually expect some of the big sites to still host the older versions, anyway I have found a working download for you, just installed and it is the 3.1 version, so long as it doesn't change before you get there anyway, but remember to block it's net access or it will want to get the new version, hope this helps.

http://download.chip.eu/en/Advanced-Window...866_877388.html

lol NP, but it does auto update checks, and what I found with the previous RC2 etc versions is once it found a newer version was out it automatically made the installed version useless forcing you to upgrade, thats why I said about blocking it, not because of anything nasty as such, but to stop it from deactivating itself, assuming it does the same as the previous builds, glad you got a copy now anyway.

Never realised it stopped being the pro version in that release, but as soon as it opens it reports about the new version, but if you have the previous pro version then what I said goes, each time it picks up a new release it locks the installed version forcing an upgrade, if you want the last pro version in beta it can probably be found, failing that I may have it saved, I know I have RC2, not sure about others as I usually replace the older version when a new version comes out and takes it's place.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated version;

Advanced SystemCare 3 RC4, released date 11/05/08

http://majorgeeks.com/Advanced_SystemCare_3_d5927.html

Don

NOTE: Some automated features that were available in previous versions have now been disabled in this free version RC4,

Now they are charging a license fee to enable the full version :(

I am a bit of a novice at this - but browsing around the web, on other sites, it appears that the 3.1 version is the one to keep - would that be in line with your thought?

The latest version is 3.0.0, which is what I am using. I no longer have the automated functions, which is fine, the program still serves it's purpose, it's a good program.

Don

Been using AWC for a good while now and, since I'll be doing my monthly maintenance next weekend, decided to go ahead and download this new ASC (free version)

Nice new interface. I agree - its a good program :tup:

• 2 months later...

Hello Spencer and :wp:

The latest version is 3.0.0, which is what I am using. I no longer have the automated functions, which is fine, the program still serves it's purpose, it's a good program.

Don

Hi Don - thanks for the welcome. I running on Version RC 3.1

I see that i still have Advanced WindowsCare V2 in my IObit Program Folder - should i delete it?

I aslo see IObit SmartDefrag in the IObit Program Folder - should this remain

GB - Spence

Assuming that the AWC folder is an older version then yes it is quite safe to delete that, these programmes have a habit of leaving the previous folders and some files as well, but as long as you delete the old folder not the new one thats fine.

Now the defrag often does the same, so same rule applies, do NOT delete it if it's the current version, but if it's whats left over from updating to a newer version than again it is then safe to delete the old folder\files once the new files are there.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I downloaded this yesterday and did some "caring" today and i was wondering a few things:

1. when i pressed the CARE button, it just did all the things and removed everything it found. I was like OMG!!! :blink: cause i always want to check before removing anything.

2. Is there a way to view what it removed? I mean log file or something. :unsure:

3. The defrag option: does it do the same thing as Windows defragment does? I mean it did it a bit too fast.

Thanks.

Edited by Assi