Sign in to follow this  
scott38

cant complete pit test

hello, ok, i have been trying to take a pittest but every time i get to checking

drive C, analyzing scan, i get a internet explorer has encountered a problem.....

thats as far as i get.......after clicking dont send/send i end back up on my desktop.....

i read through the posts in here, and tried the solution you had posted, the first

command it found and deleted, the other 3 .dll can not be found......so i went to

my add-ons in ie7 and disabled the pcpitstop active x, hoping when i come back to test it will

load a new one, and test would run fine.......well that did not work, still getting the same

results as mentioned above...........1 more thing, my main drives, in sig, are not C....

they are set to F.....dont know if it matters, did not have the trouble before.....just throwing

it out there........thank you for your time, any help appreciated.........scott :blink:

hello, ok, i have been trying to take a pittest but every time i get to checking

drive C, analyzing scan, i get a internet explorer has encountered a problem.....

Scott, when it says "has encountered a problem" there should also be a message saying something like "to see what this report contains, click here".

Can you click that report and let us know what it says? It should be something like "xxxxx.dll has encountered an error at yyyyyy:zzzzz" but the specific dll names and numbers are important.

hello dave, ok ran test, same error at the same place......ok, i opened up app to get the info you

want, and it does not give a specific error........i couldn't copy and paste the report,wouldn't let me do it... or give screen shots

becuz the report is a mile long :surrender: this is all i could get, dont know if it will help or not..

error signature:

appname:iexplorer.exe.............appver:7.0.6000.16608

modname:pcpitstop.dll.............modver:1.0.0.184 offset:000099e8

well i hope this helps, this is the only mention of an error........also running xp home 32bit

also i have ie7 pro.........this problem started last week, i just thought it was a bug w/pittest

w/the threads i was reading about........thank you for you time..........scott

ps:if that is not the info ya need, how do you copy a whole report like that? never had to do that

before....... :blushing:

Edited by scott38

ok, i followed this thread form IntelGuy.......

ran the test in debug mode......checked the box--->skip checking disk health.......

completed the test.......full results.........no IE error message about, what i originally

started this topic for...........thank you scott

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=155113

hello I_G, ahh never to late to the party ;) , i know you guys are busy........so

i will try the beta in a few hours, if any trouble i will use the link you provided...

thank you vm...............scott