Change Mode

Brandon is moving up in the world

brandon

If I can still do it, then so can you. Of course, it's harder when girls mistake you for a 15 year old (I'm sure I walked into any cracks about this that may follow), but that's in my case, and your mileage may vary. Oh, and if you get the right kind of special k, and coffee, things seem a lot better than they actually are.

Edited by brandon

If I can still do it, then so can you. Of course, it's harder when girls mistake you for a 15 year old (I'm sure I walked into any cracks about this that may follow), but that's in my case, and your mileage may vary. Oh, and if you get the right kind of special k, and coffee, things seem a lot better than they actually are.

a 15 year old?? Brandon, what do you look like??? And more importantly, did she think you were 15 "down there" ???

eww

:rofl2:

I look like me the last time I checked. Regarding your second question: I will gracefully avoid that one, since elaborating upon it would be a violation of the rules.

Edited by brandon

I get carded when I buy M rated video games, I get carded when I buy fireworks, I get carded when going in to R rated movies, I get carded for pretty much everything you can get carded for.

I get lucky, half the time I dont. Id get away with getting an R movie ticket if my GF didnt look so young.

Wait, people will card you when you see R-rated movies? Really?

I mean, no, really? They actually do that?

I recently got a job as a DB admin for the Student Orientation Database at the university I go to. Not much actual DB work going on, though. I merely have to provide access routes to people who aren't coders. I get to brush up on my PHP and MySQL skills a bit.

The code that was done by the previous guy is...just awful. It works, yes, but it's some of the sloppiest work I've seen. He opens up some brackets in one file, and they get closed in another! I ended up rewriting that page entirely.

I have seen worse, though. I got to look at some wikia code made by some guy, and it was absolutely ridiculous. He had a couple hundred functions strewn throughout the pages. They weren't in any sort of order, they had absolutely no documentation, no explanation of what they did, and the main code would be somewhere in the middle of it all. All the work that guy did on that code was wasted because it was completely unusable.

Edited by RandomX

Wait, people will card you when you see R-rated movies? Really?

I mean, no, really? They actually do that?

I recently got a job as a DB admin for the Student Orientation Database at the university I go to. Not much actual DB work going on, though. I merely have to provide access routes to people who aren't coders. I get to brush up on my PHP and MySQL skills a bit.

The code that was done by the previous guy is...just awful. It works, yes, but it's some of the sloppiest work I've seen. He opens up some brackets in one file, and they get closed in another! I ended up rewriting that page entirely.

I have seen worse, though. I got to look at some wikia code made by some guy, and it was absolutely ridiculous. He had a couple hundred functions strewn throughout the pages. They weren't in any sort of order, they had absolutely no documentation, no explanation of what they did, and the main code would be somewhere in the middle of it all. All the work that guy did on that code was wasted because it was completely unusable.

Yes, they actually do that... :yikes:

And regarding that guy's code... Blech...

man you guys have a bed time of 5 am lol im only 18 and i get to do what ever i want (even though i go towork at 10pm to 5am lol then stay up until 2pm)

I wouldn't call it "bedtime" since the only person enforcing it is me. The actual reasonable time for me to go to sleep is around midnight, maybe a bit before. That gets me a good 8 hours of sleep to wake up for 8am, which gives me a little over an hour to get ready before I have to go to class for 10 (I give myself about 40 minutes to get to class, 20 minutes of driving, 20 minutes of walking). Classes end no later than 12 for me, then I'm at work until 4. After that, I'm free to go about doing whatever I want.

I've got 8am classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which suck, so the reasonable time for me to go to sleep for those is 10pm.

Edited by RandomX