Change Mode

SkullTrail is quite possibly one of the worst idea Intel has ever had.

Edit: As you may have seen from reading my posts, I truly despise SkullTrail... Don't let that get in the way of this thread. :)

Edited by brandon

SkullTrail is quite possibly one of the worst idea Intel has ever had.

Edit: As you may have seen from reading my posts, I truly despise SkullTrail... Don't let that get in the way of this thread. :)

I second that. Skulltrail will go as a failure in my books.

Hopefully Intel isnt letting their Wallet run their ideas.

Perfect system with more then enough Power is no more then $1500.

Get an P35 motherboard, $150

Get a new Q9300 $270

Get a single 3870 x2 $430

Get a 750w Power Supply $80

Get a 250gb hard drive $70

get a nice roomy case $100

Get 2gb DDR2 800 Ram $50

Get a DVD Drive thats SATA $30

Buy some extra fans $10

Thats Almost $1200, with the rest I would buy a nice 23" monitor for $220, a Logitech MX518 Mouse for $35 and a nice old keyboard lying around for free. Your At $1445 before taxes and you get a whole lotta fun with that.

$600 on a mobo is dum, $1000 on Ram is asking fr a divorce, $1500 on a CPU is crazy. $1800 on some GPU setup is insane. Figurinmg out 2/3 of the parts were DOA is priceless. ;)

Skulltrail is no dumber than running triple-SLI with $1800 worth of 8800Ultras and getting spanked in benchmarks by two 3870X2s that combined to cost $900. Running triple-SLI or quadfire other than for benching is also pretty pointless.

However I do know several people who would love to have a dual-socket 771 board that actually supported FSB overclocking, although they couldn't care less about SLI, CF, or having the QX9775.

But lets admit it, people that dont know anything about computers will hear "Triple SLI" and gorge over it.

On Ebay, If I try selling a single 3870X2 verson a PC that has 2 8600GTS in SLI for the same price, trust me, SLI wins even though it performs far less.

Whatever works for him works? Dont forget, you get Quad Crossfire now? SO why Triple SLI?

Or Triple Xfire a 3870x2, and 2 3870. We know how much Xfire performs better then SLI.

SLI gains 50% while Xfire is more like 70-80%

You know what I figured out, I would like to share.

This is how ATI labels the Drivers.

Year 2008 gives you the 8 in 8.3

Month March gives you the 3 in the 8.3

So

January we had 8.1

February we had 8.2

March we had 8.3