Change Mode

Fairwell to my athlon X2

One thing i cant work out this will prob have all of you thinking aswell

This pentium d apears to perform much better than my old (broken) athlon windows boots quicker apps load faster pc response has improved alot the fsb is faster so is the ram BUT my amd scored 1626 in the pit this intel is a mere 867 ? :pullhair:

same with ram 1001 with amd and that was 333Mhz and with the 667 ive got now it just about reaches 700 in the pit :h3lp: please explain some one

60+ cant understand it though my single core 64 used to run that temp idle

60+ is Celsius. That's a lot of Fahrenheit.......I've had one of my Intels up to 72C and shut it down promptly and prayed when I saw the temp soar that high...it still runs fortunately. However that speed and the vcore to get there are factors. ;)

:geezer:

One thing i cant work out this will prob have all of you thinking aswell

This pentium d apears to perform much better than my old (broken) athlon windows boots quicker apps load faster pc response has improved alot the fsb is faster so is the ram BUT my amd scored 1626 in the pit this intel is a mere 867 ? :pullhair:

same with ram 1001 with amd and that was 333Mhz and with the 667 ive got now it just about reaches 700 in the pit :h3lp: please explain some one

The Pentium D 805 is a joke. Even the absolute lowest end X2 will destroy the 805. Of course, if you overclock it to about 4Ghz, it can compete, but that's not going to happen on air.

Not to mention the fact that the X2 has a faster memory subsystem, doesn't rely on the front side bus to communicate with the second processor, has a much lower latency memory subsystem, and uses Hypertransport, which is superior to the FSB. All those things mixed together means the Pentium D doesn't stand a chance.

The Pentium D 805 is a joke. Even the absolute lowest end X2 will destroy the 805. Of course, if you overclock it to about 4Ghz, it can compete, but that's not going to happen on air.

Not to mention the fact that the X2 has a faster memory subsystem, doesn't rely on the front side bus to communicate with the second processor, has a much lower latency memory subsystem, and uses Hypertransport, which is superior to the FSB. All those things mixed together means the Pentium D doesn't stand a chance.

the thing is its already out performed my old athlon x2 in windows performance gaming and video compression