Change Mode

How to use the language package in Mozilla Firefox?

Strong Rock

How to use the language package in Mozilla Firefox?

I have installed the language packages for English and Dutch, when I type in the Google window a word in my own language and I hit the button for search, there is no translated word?

That is weird because you would think a word in Dutch or in English would translate into the other language when you hit the search button.

Maybe it is possible I misunderstand, but the question is how do you translate the words via Mozilla Firefox from Dutch to English or from English to Dutch?

I hope someone can explain to me how to do this.

Thank you for your help.

I have followed your link and indeed I can now translate text, but if it is properly translated word is still the question, because if I use the English translations in my own language translation is it strange to now, I know that a translator Internet may not translate as a man would do, but nevertheless, I hope that I come to that understanding about Firefox translation. ".

Thanks for the help.

The language pack you installed was for Firefox itself, so it won't affect anything you search for on the internet.

No I don't will believe that Brandon, when I see how Firefox translate this in my own language than is it a big puzzle for me.

Thanks for your information. This is via Firefox translator.

Now in my own words: I hope that you understand me what I do mean.

When I translate this in my own language than is it :rofl2: but I will test it out and I give suggestions to Firefox translator people.

People will been translate this by them as man, women are that not people than.? :(

Sorry women maybe you cattle. Don't be angry with me, please, Firefox tell that women not people.

yes there must been a better translator, the Add-on language package is nice but the translation is not well.

That is pity Brandon, when you translate an English message in Dutch and send it to me, I don't understand what you tell in Dutch, why not.? Because the translation from Firefox is not good.

I have test this out these afternoon in Dutchtime, but it was :mrsgreen:

So you can tell me that I may the decision what I choose, of course I can and of course I do, but the translation must be fine and now it is not good.

Look my friends, I find it well when I have a translator, that is easy for me, but I am not the only one who has what on a translator, other people who come not from an English language country have also what at a translator, not all people speak very good English or writing.

So I hope that there is someone who has a suggestion for better translator or language Add-on.

B)

The translator add-on uses exisiting translation software offered by such setups such as Google translate, babelfish, and other such services. They're poor at best, and if you want a better (Human) translation, you have to pay.

Brandon is correct. Language packs do not do translations. Web browsers most certainly don't translate, they never have and they never will.

There may be add ons or extensions that attempt to do it, but again as Brandon said, they simply use existing technologies from sites that have been providing these services for years. Those sites are mediocre at best, and very bad at their worst.

Translation is an extremely difficult thing to do, and even when done by human beings it is not always done correctly.

if you want a better (Human) translation, you have to pay.

I am afraid Brandon that you have maybe right.

Look when I must pay for this than I will buy an advanced Translator that all languages correct translated in language what you do want and that people self entering words in the translator and can take when you make a trip to another country.

It is possible that I am wrong and those translators at this moment don't exist, but I think when those translators don't exist at this moment, will come in the future, maybe this year or else the next years.

Bruce said:

Translation is an extremely difficult thing to do, and even when done by human beings it is not always done correctly.

I have seen that; I had hope that the translator from Firefox were better, but it don't and that is :( , I had yesterday translate text in Dutch and what I saw, what they tell in Dutch, it was one big puzzle for me.

That was the same that I got 3 years ago a message in Dutch via the translator at internet from someone, and I must puzzle what that guy did mean.

Internet is a beautifull thing but it is bad with some programs or if in Firefox, the Add-ons languages.

Pity pity, but it is not else.