Question about Religion

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask youself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves--or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth.

The good, say the mystics of spirit, is God, a being whose only definition is that he is beyond man's power to conceive- a definition that invalidates man's consciousness and nullifies his concepts of existence...Man's mind, say the mystics of spirit, must be subordinated to the will of God... Man's standard of value, say the mystics of spirit, is the pleasure of God, whose standards are beyond man's power of comprehension and must be accepted on faith....The purpose of man's life...is to become an abject zombie who serves a purpose he does not know, for reasons he is not to question.

For centuries, the mystics of spirit had existed by running a protection racket - by making life on earth unbearable, then charging you for consolation and relief, by forbidding all the virtues that make existence possible, then riding on the shoulders of your guilt, by declaring production and joy to be sins, then collecting blackmail from the sinners.

All by Ayn Rand.

8210,Of course you are right, there are things that can't be expained. And Hulk asked the Sneeze Question first....we have a sense of humor, I just wanted to get off the physics thing. My answer was almost like yours....Bless you!! Just good manners......

Yeah I know you didn't ask that question originally, it's just I don't really do religion as a rule and was too tired to backtrack through all the replies since I last looked so I cheated lol.

8210guy, what is the ultimate rule you live by?

As I said on page 1, quite simply if you wouldn't want something done to you then you don't do it to other people, just be the best person you can thats all.

BTW on the chicken and the egg, this was an answer I heard, what lays the egg determines what is in the egg, so, it would be the chicken. I can't remember who said it. It makes sense to me, but it hardly solves anything

I hope I haven't started something off with the egg business lol, I just used it as a prime example how subjects such as this can end up going round in circles never reaching an absolute conclusion.

But just to add to the confusion lol

Posted Image