Change Mode

Police assualt quadrupalegic

Bruce

These idiots should be charged with assault and battery, fired from their jobs, and whatever possible charges could be slapped on them.

I simply could not believe what I just saw on the news.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/ma...tml?id=3822534n

Full video on Youtube. After dumping him out of his wheel chair breaking his ribs, they roll him around on the floor to search him, then pick him up and throw him back in it like a rag doll.

At least 10 cops were present and finally even a nurse showed up, yet the police department claims they have no "record" of a man in a wheel chair. :thud:

Edited by Bruce

It looks like he could move his arms, so the title is inaccurate. He is a paraplegic. Of course, given that fact, doesn't make this any less excusable.

I say somebody break the legs of every officer involved, or better yet, sever their spinal cords, and then get thrown around like a ragdoll.

I hope he really takes them to the cleaners, given some of the law suits you get over there from chance-rs trying to make a quick buck and getting what they get, this bloke must be in for a 6 figure sum from that, the main ones involved should be sacked and charged with at least assault, then hopefully he sues them as individuals as well as the department for gross negligence, the others around who did nothing should go back to training and put on the beat as foot patrols.

I hope he really takes them to the cleaners, given some of the law suits you get over there from chance-rs trying to make a quick buck and getting what they get, this bloke must be in for a 6 figure sum from that, the main ones involved should be sacked and charged with at least assault, then hopefully he sues them as individuals as well as the department for gross negligence, the others around who did nothing should go back to training and put on the beat as foot patrols.

:geezer:

Hear, Hear, Mate!

:sparkle::pullhair::sparkle:

The full article states that all involved were suspended. Including the supervisors who were on duty.

That doesn't even come close to being enough, but is usually the first step in firing the people involved.

The female officer who dumped him out of his chair should have been arrested immediately on the spot.

Yes I know they have to investigate etc before sacking etc, but I agree she should of been done immediately, hopefully the outcry will bring about serious consequences for those involved rather than it get brushed aside like often happens, sad thing is if a civilian did that in front of police they'd probably of been slammed through a wall.

The brave officer (Charlotte Marshall Jones) was suspended without pay.. that's acceptable!

The supervisors--who didn't report the incident and were 'suspended with pay'

When I got paid leave --- it was called a vacation with pay.----

So, they are being rewarded for their behavior.......

:angry:

Edited by theoldgardener

The brave officer (Charlotte Marshall Jones) was suspended without pay.. that's acceptable!

:geezer:

We have a Saying for this? "Weak as Urine, Mate!"

May they Rot in Hell for what they did!

:sparkle::pullhair::pullhair::sparkle:

My mouth dropped open when I saw this on TV last night.

I would hope the Police department in that city is sued out the.........big time!

Soooo glad it was all caught on tape and I hope the person responsible for dumping him out of his wheel chair is made a public spectacle of, and she/he should also have to make a public apology to this poor man, and be held responsible for any and all damages he incurred.

My mouth dropped open when I saw this on TV last night.

Doesn't matter how many times I see film footage, I still can't even imagine someone doing this to a crippled person.

In fact each time I see it I only get more angered.

The difference between the two is this:

When you get back from a vacation, everyone welcomes you back.

When you stop being suspended with pay, it's because you got fired.

It also makes me wonder how that man was eluding cops and escaping arrest or whatnot, the reason he was brought in in the first place.

Edited by RandomX

The difference between the two is this:

When you get back from a vacation, everyone welcomes you back.

When you stop being suspended with pay, it's because you got fired.

It also makes me wonder how that man was eluding cops and escaping arrest or whatnot, the reason he was brought in in the first place.

Not too difficult really, you get a summons to appear in court for a traffic violation. You don't go.

They don't exactly put out dragnets for such people :P

But when they find one blocking an intersection they bring them in on the warrant for not appearing.

Shows how much those particular officers really care about the well being of the public they are sworn to protect.

Like the man said, if they had suspicions of his injury it's as simple as calling the man's doctor instead of dumping him out like that. Pretty sick. :mrsgreen:

I wonder what additional injuries the quadraplegic man sustained, he could have lost what use of his upper body that he did have, requiring months of therapy to regain use or never regain it at all. I have to wonder what kind of standards are used to recruit those who "Serve and Protect" us.

Nothing in the news involving police brutality comes as a surprise anymore and it should! The honest cops who are out there everyday putting their lives on the line should be the most appauled. It is past sickening.....it leaves me with anger I can't do a thing with. I don't even care what the guy was doing before the cops assaulted him. Those cops were sadistic monsters out of control and full of there own power over another human being.

My grandfather was a technical quadraplegic, and was able to use his arms after years of therapy, he drove a specially appointed vehichle and got around just fine. it was only when his condition worsened that he gave up driving. He never felt sorry for himself and was it amazing all he could do inspite of his condition. When I even think of feeling sorry for myself, I think about him. To think a cop might have thrown him around like a ragdoll fires me up, I know that roughing him up would have damaged his spine and nerves more than they were already. He had to be very cautious of falling, let alone a dumping like that??

Edited by ©JoSiEBeLLe®

Doesn't matter how many times I see film footage, I still can't even imagine someone doing this to a crippled person.

In fact each time I see it I only get more angered.

Oh believe it, society is going down the cr*pper and todays parents do next to nothing to teach responsibility and respect to they're brats these days (I'm not on about decent people here), they tend to protect the offenders rather than the victim, my daughter has been attacked and bullied for years, and if we say anything to the bully(s) then the father comes down and assaults me and threatens my wife, all the police can say is not enough evidence, and on the one occasion we actually got the father into court for attacking me (they didn't even bother with his kids attack of my daughter leaving a lump the size of a golf ball on her head) the idiot judges threw it out saying neighbourly dispute, even with my doctors testimony of the damage he did he still walked away laughing so to speak, I almost wish he had of hit me instead of just grabbing my throat, OK I would of been in a wheelchair if he did with my condition, but it's about the ONLY time there is enough evidence to do someone properly, but even that isn't guaranteed, it seems you need a dead body before justice has even the slightest chance of being done.

Like the man said, if they had suspicions of his injury it's as simple as calling the man's doctor instead of dumping him out like that. Pretty sick. :mrsgreen:

Surely with such a condition even that isn't needed ?

Over here they would have a blue badge, and from my time in the US they accepted my blue badge so I know they must have some similar thing there, and to get such a thing there needs to be medical evidence, and once granted the vehicle has to be registered as a disabled class as opposed to normal use taxed, also the driving licence people need to know about the condition, and it's affects on your driving before allowing you to drive, and they may impose restrictions depending on what you have and your ability's, so with all this info about the car and driver a simple registration check (which I'm almost certain they do before pulling you most of the time) would very quickly show they were certainly afflicted with something that should require special handling, and no matter what he did (except maybe driving over a copper or similar) did he deserve such treatment, if they were concerned he may not of been the owner (and therefore disabled person) who should be driving the car, they should of at least awaited further proof of the guys id to be confirmed before doing such a thing, it wasn't like he was about to jump up and beat them up or anything.

But if this bloke doesn't get at least a 6 figure settlement then I would be surprised, seeing some of the frivolous suits that go on over there, and win, then this bloke has already won the suit, the only question is will he take an out of court settlement, I hope not, because I can't see anyone not awarding him with a major award.

I'm also very surprised that no ambulance was called for him ?

Given his condition they could of easily punctured his lung with the broken ribs he sustained, he would never of known until it was too late as he has no feeling anywhere that low on his body, in some ways I'm a bit glad of that for him, at least it hopefully meant he wouldn't of suffered any (or at least not much) physical pain from his ordeal, but he could of had any number of internal organs damaged and bled internally without knowing, so it could of been a lot worse than it was, but as everyone is saying it should NEVER of happened to start with.

*edit

Typo

Edited by 8210GUY