Change Mode

No Security section

8210GUY

Just upgraded my phone and got a voucher with it for accessories, so went to order a multi use charger (car & house) and got right up to entering my card details and my alarm bells started ringing, as I'm currently using Vista Ultimate 64bit the bar stays on green when it's a secure site with a padlock at the end of the address, as best I can recall anyway, but this site did not have that, in fact turning to the page I get the "this page has secure AND insecure parts, do I want to allow it" type message, now the address is using the HTTPS tag, which is meant to mean secure, but without a padlock it doesn't seem right, am I being paranoid ? or am I right in not putting my card details in this page ?

Screenshot of what faced me to show what I mean.

*edit

Typo

Edited by 8210GUY

That is the full page lol, beside in vista the address bar goes green and stays there until it leaves a secure site, at least as I know it, but that is the whole image untouched, well apart from blanking my last name out, you can see the preceding page(s) at the following link, but to reach that page above you'd have to add it to your basket and then add some gibberish for personal details to get to the above check out part.

http://www.threeaccessories.co.uk/nokia_n9...MPC_details.htm

My guess is thats the FF way of saying the message I got using ie about secure and insecure content, I pretty much figured it wasn't a secure site, but the fact it has the HTTPS threw me as that is supposed to mean secure, don't have the choice of going elsewhere for the part, well unless I come up with the total amount, and TBH I am so close to going under it is not an option to pay the full price, what I will do is use the card I use for paypal (credit only job so no going over) and phone it through or something, I left a message on their system, but not heard back yet, but it's not 24 hours yet so we will see, but Thanks for the confirmation guy's. :b33r:

Yes I am most definitely going back to 3 (the phone network that uses them) and raising the issue, to claim they are secure then not be secure is misleading and dangerous IMHO, Thanks again anyway, will be reporting very shortly. :tup:

It's been reported that some Web sites have been hacked and don't even know it..It can be as an inserted malicious link to other ways of getting personal info..

And there are so many new ones daily.....

Take the most protected route you can.

Yeah pretty much all as I suspected, just never being affected\seeing such a thing before I thought it best to see what others thought, my phone message has now been 24 hours with no response, but I sent an email (well system mail) too 3 shortly after the above mention, I don't expect them to mend it, they are a separate entity to them, but being the people who send them their customers I would hope they get it kicked upstairs and someone gets whatever sorted, no response yet, but not surprised TBH as it's only several hours now, one hopes they will sort it later tomorrow, Thanks again all. :b33r:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, still no reply to my message to them, so phoned them up today, 3 were as much use as a pin in a condom factory, so I phoned the 08 number given and found out something I never knew, when you go to such a page you get a prompt asking do you want to display both secure AND insecure objects you should say No, now my understanding was that if you said no to such a prompt you would be refused getting to that page, but apparently saying no in this case (maybe others as well) actually forward you to the page, AND it is secure (you get the padlock symbol), never knew that, not sure how many others do either so thought I'd share, so it's all good just ordered my charger all secure. :mrgreen: