Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Most Wished For in Computers & PC Hardware

Well considering that HP is the number one selling computer maker in the world, I would assume an HP laptop or desktop system.

:P LOL, How come I always find your posts Bruce. LOL

Because they are of course very interesting posts :P:lol:

macs look pretty good too,, i always wish i could have one :lol:

any rich persons out there that want to give away there mac :rofl2:

Yep I was correct. HP dominates.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/pc/565098

Such silliness. Ha, ha, ha, AMD are the top three. Maybe they are the best sellers at Amazon.com. When's the last time anybody that knew anything about computers bought a Sempron. If AMD is so great and everyone is buying them, ask yourself why they needed a huge cash infusion just to limp to the end of last year.

How's their stock doing this year?

:)

I agree wholeheartedly BB.

I only posted it because there was a pitstop article not that long ago that used "amazon" as an indicator of what software people used.

FF2, apparently you have never been into a retail outlet that sells computers. There are as many if not more AMD desktops and notebooks on the shelves.

Of course I think I know a bit about computers and have owned a couple semprons. Made great budget machines that performed extremely well.

Edited by Bruce

bb amazon has been strong since 1994 :blink:

they were one of the first to sale online, they were big time, they are ten times the size they use to be to date!

define what you mean when you say small potatoes :lol:

Edited by duanester

small potatoes meaning they actually use warehouses.

most computers sold these days online are built from parts that literally come off the truck straight to the computer. hp and dell's largest volume of consumer sales are done online through their site or over the phone.

FF2, apparently you have never been into a retail outlet that sells computers. There are as many if not more AMD desktops and notebooks on the shelves.

Of course I think I know a bit about computers and have owned a couple semprons. Made great budget machines that performed extremely well.

I do not dispute that there are many AMD in retail and OEM, but my point would be that AMD apparently gave them away to get the big boys, Dell, HP, etc. to play with them.

AMD has been on the ropes since the Core 2 Duos came out (maybe even before), not to mention what looks like the ill-advised acquisition of ATI. How's the new PHENOM doing? Intel will have lapped them again before it even gets accepted, in my opinion.

Personally, I am rooting for AMD for competition sake, but right now I wouldn't buy one or recommend that anybody else do so.

The same kind of people that buy Celerons (are they still around?) would buy a Sempron (are they still being made?).

Intel, not only just about gave away processors to OEM's, but also gave "kickbacks", and threatened retaliation to companies who used other processors.. :lol:

* Intel has forced major customers into exclusive or near-exclusive deals;

* Intel has conditioned rebates, allowances and market development funding on customers’ agreement to severely limit or forego entirely purchases from AMD;

* Intel has established a system of discriminatory, retroactive, first-dollar rebates triggered by purchases at such high levels as to have the practical and intended effect of denying customers the freedom to purchase any significant volume of processors from AMD;

* Intel has threatened retaliation against customers introduc ing AMD computer platforms, particularly in strategic market segments;

* Intel has established and enforced quotas among key retailers effectively requiring them to stock overwhelmingly, if not exclusively, Intel-powered computers, thereby artificially limiting consumer choice;

* It has forced PC makers and technology partners to boycott AMD product launches and promotions;

* Intel has abused its market power by forcing on the industry technical standards and products which have as their central purpose the handicapping of AMD in the marketplace.

Now that a simple Amazon thread has somehow sparked a Intel AMD debate I thought it only fair to comment on the AMD gave a way processors.

Tough to compete on fair ground when the tables are tilted against you. ;)

Now if you really think a Celleron is comparable to a Sempron then you are misinformed.

Some Semprons were out performing P4 processors.

Edited by Bruce

Aww, just a little good-natured bantering--I'll stop now (I know you have a bigger club). :P Do they still make Semprons?

(P.S. I never said anything about performance, I just said the same kind of people buy them, and we know what kind of people they are.)

Edited by flyfishingrules2

Jacee, do you remember saying, "Gosh, golly, I have rush out and buy one of them there Semprons," or something similar. Of course not, you probably got a good deal.

It was 2005, I forgive you.

I bought it as a backup for my 2002 Presario.

Bruce, I'm doing fine... but, Frank and Glenda just don't agree with me :pullhair:

Just for the record their names were:

Vicky, Ruthie, The Blonde, Helen, Marjorie, Peggy Louisiana, Clara

Vicky split further, to give rise to:

Marcia, Mary, Vanessa and Sybil Ann

Peggy Louisianna split again, to give

Nancy, Peggy Ann and Peggy Lou

Peggy Lou split yet further, to give the boys, Mike and Sid

Oh yeah, never mind, you can name yours whatever you want. :adios:

I love answering my own questions: they are definitely still making Semprons. I just got a Wal-Mart flyer in the mail today that has a Dell lappy in it for $498. Specs: 1GB mem, 80 GB drive, Vista Home Premium, Sempron 3600 +.

Go Dell, go Sempron!

(Not sure, but but I think I have seen some Core 2 Duos on sale at Staples and Office Max for around the same price.)