Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

W2K and AVG

For some odd reason, all of a sudden I have to reboot my W2K machine every morning after the AVG update. I know that ocasionally, you have to reboot for the changes to take effect but this is starting to get frustrating. Very seldom did I have to reboot....now it's daily! I don't have to reboot my XP machine which is updated just like the W2K machine. Anybody else having this problem?

For some odd reason, all of a sudden I have to reboot my W2K machine every morning after the AVG update. I know that ocasionally, you have to reboot for the changes to take effect but this is starting to get frustrating. Very seldom did I have to reboot....now it's daily! I don't have to reboot my XP machine which is updated just like the W2K machine. Anybody else having this problem?

:geezer:

That is an Odd one, Mate?

Run a Test and Post it?

Sounds like something is quite not right?

:sparkle::wub::sparkle:

It's no old machine, the drive is almost full, (I just use it for storage) and all 4 memory slots are full. (4-256 strips). I know that's not a lot of memory but this thing uses rambus memory...very expensive. I'm going to retire it later this year. I ran the pit test earlier but there is not much I can do to fix it. Most of the running programs I have to have..and of course memory and disk space is a problem. The problem might be the disk space. I'm operating at 80% full which is not good. Maybe AVG needs the space to write to the drive....hence the reboot.

It's no old machine, the drive is almost full, (I just use it for storage) and all 4 memory slots are full. (4-256 strips). I know that's not a lot of memory but this thing uses rambus memory...very expensive. I'm going to retire it later this year. I ran the pit test earlier but there is not much I can do to fix it. Most of the running programs I have to have..and of course memory and disk space is a problem. The problem might be the disk space. I'm operating at 80% full which is not good. Maybe AVG needs the space to write to the drive....hence the reboot.

:laughing::laughing:

You answered it, Mate!

Not AVG, Both XP and 2K need at least 25% Free Space!

You will fix it now!

Try slipping in another HDD as a Slave and Transfering Data?

:sparkle::wub::sparkle: