Change Mode

Barret Jackson

Bruce

I just absolutely love when Barret Jackson auctions are televised.

Incredible to see some of the cars I grew up with sell for a half million dollars+.

If you are an old car buff you have just got to tune in and watch as those muscle cars we were beating on as teenagers are now selling for astronomical amounts of money.

If you decide to watch, and your wife walks in and sees you crying and wonders why. Be sure to tell her you invested a couple thousand dollars when you were a kid, but sold out at a loss, or possibly just threw it away, and if you had waited you could have been a multi millionaire today :rofl3:

Edited by Bruce

I consider myself a connoiseur of older cars, and I just love those shows.

Barrett Jackson is a fraud... last I knew they were under investigation for bidding up their own cars to make something seem more desirable than it actually is... people jump on it because they think its something hot and start to bid along... stupid seeing some of these cars that are really not THAT special go for ASTRONOMICAL prices.

I have never seen a car that wasn't special in some way sell for an astronomical price.

Just spent 15 minutes looking for information on an investigation of Barrett Jackson auctions. Couldn't find a thing.

That said, the majority of the top bidders are car collectors, they know what they want, and they know what they are willing to spend.

Could be, but I still haven't seen anything pertaining to an investigation, just a lot of people in forums and blogs speaking about rumors.

Isn't playing "telephone" fun? :mrgreen:

Sign of the times, we always expect the worse now. :P

I still like their cars...all of them. :wub: Don't much care who's selling them.

Saw a beautifully done GTO go for a '2nd highest " of the day recently.

Posted Image

I have a soft spot for this old fish myself.

Posted Image

There's just something about a big block plumpplumpplumping it's way by you doing

30 at just slightly over idle. Brrrrrrr......

Edited by Humbluemoon