New digital camera

OK, got this HP Photosmart camera for Christmas and it came with some Energizer e2 alkaline batteries. Well, I thought it would last for a long enough time, but just as I was ready to take some pictures I start getting some "Batteries Low" messages.

Which makes me sad. :( And then I had to use just plain ol' Duracells. Well, those don't last very long...

Now, they said I should use photo lithiums, which is supposed to last up to 8 hours in that camera, or rechargable NiMH, which should last as much as 4 hours, theoretically. Well, am I missing something here, or are my rechargables needing replacement too? Because I have rechargables myself, and unfortunately they lasted less than 2 hours.

Firmware version is 2.23 / Bootloader version is 0.1016

My camera used to do that as well, then I got some new energiser rechargeable battery's and they are great, lasted way longer than the previous attempts even with good battery's such as Duracell.

So as you have been advised either get the newer lithium battery's, or personally I'd suggest some quality rechargeable ones, these newer battery's are great compared to the old ones, just take note of the power rating, the higher the better as they will last longer, I assume your current rechargeable are fairly old ? mine are new and show as 2500mAh and last well in my camera, hope that helps.

Get NiMh rechargeables. I think you're using AA size and you can get 2500mA ones which give plenty of power; don't forget to carry spare set!!

Does using the batteries' own charger work? Like, will a 2500 mAh charger recharge 2500-mAh batteeries? Or whatever?

Not quite sure what you mean there, if you don't have a charger you should be able to get a package deal where you get a set of 4 battery's with a charger, then just buy extra battery's to suit your needs, otherwise just buy them as separates, the downside of buying them combined is the charger wont be any good for other battery sizes, only the size it was bought with, does that help ?