Change Mode

Pittest

law9933

What is the easiest way to make optinal programs only run when needed (will a program do that). My niece's laptop is a real mess. I still have to help her finish a HJT repair with your help. She lives out of state & is back. She wants it faster. (needs some changes) Thanks

Thank you for a reply, but my signature may indicate that I know about Winpatrol. Is EVERYTHING in the pittest optioal ok to disable (such as NVIDIA driver helper), I try to not make a wrong move. When she finishes HJT maybe then get rid of the other junk.

NVidia Driver Helper is NOT needed (in most configurations) and can be disabled via Administrative Tools, Services.

I typically use the Advanced Mode of Spybot; Tools, System Startup to delete entries that I do not want running at Startup, however this can be potentially dangerous as once an entry is deleted it's gone for good unless you reinstall the application. If you choose to use that option, make absolutely certain the entry is not required to run at Startup before you delete it. -kd5-