Change Mode

nintendo 64 help

i have a n64 with the analog video connection red white and yellow. im trying to connect it to my dish 500 receiver. i have everything set on channel 3. all i get is a mixed video of the n64 and the satellite. can anyone help me get the full picture on.

i have a n64 with the analog video connection red white and yellow. im trying to connect it to my dish 500 receiver. i have everything set on channel 3. all i get is a mixed video of the n64 and the satellite. can anyone help me get the full picture on.

Depending on the tv you might have to hook it up from one the other video/audio in ports on the tv. These are not channel 3 either they are any like "port 1" or "A/V1". To select these it might the channel button or the menu button or the source button.

Edited by tyler811

When using the A/V cables, you have to set the channel to "video", at least with every TV I have ever used.

Did you read the labellings on the connectors before you attempted to hook up anything? The AV jacks in the back of that satellite receiver is OUTPUT. You need to be hooking up to either a VCR INPUT or a TV INPUT.

Edited by EclipseWebJS2