Change Mode

Cmon, ya gotta give ATI more credit than that. Do you think the 8800GT would have even been released were it not for the leaked price information regarding the 3800 series?

Edited by brandon

So Joe Consumer, the old guy is too lazy to do his own research...

Will a pair of these in CF on an Asus P5E3 Deluxe be competitve with an 8800 GTX SLI setup on air?

I go to one review it says 'yes', then next review says 3870 Crossfire will compete with 8800GT's in SLI. :pullhair:

Will a pair of these in CF on an Asus P5E3 Deluxe be competitve with an 8800 GTX SLI setup on air?

I go to one review it says 'yes', then next review says 3870 Crossfire will compete with 8800GT's in SLI. :pullhair:

It's a tossup, but give the lead to the GTX. With each new driver release, performance increases, bugs are fixed, and other stuff happens. The power consumption is also quite a bit less. 89W less based on the review I read.

But, for the price of one GTX, you can have two 3870s in Crossfire, which will definitely outperform it.

Edited by brandon

I would go with option B... those 8800GT are monster overclockers.... I saw one over at the guru 3d forums doing 26K in 05 oc'ed and it was still running the stock cooler and volts.

For reference... my GTX is barly able to get 22.5K on 05 v modded and cooled with a thermalright HS/F :pullhair:

Edited by Luis_GT

Wow i come back a year later and im running the same system lol.. any body got a cheap AM2 board so i can use my x2 3800? lol

Hows it goin luis GT?! wassup dudes im back! ive got internet again! woo hoo! lol dial up :(

that 3870 only uses 107 watts though.

also you think that pci express 2.0 has a advantage with the new PCI express 2.0 motherboards. i looked it up and there saying it allows 16GB to pass, un like the pci express x16 which capped at 8gb

but this sounds like AGP 4x to AGP 8x did it really help all that much? lol i dont think it did

Edited by burned-ati