Sign in to follow this  
ARTAQ

Just ordered my 1st PC in 5 years...

From what I see you have TOO much memory. Windows XP Home will not "see" or use that much. 2gig is enough. Unless you are on dialup dont need the modem. Power supply "might" work if they did not use a chepo that came with that "standard" case. I personnally dont use 2 DVD drives I feel its a waste. If you are not planning ANY overclocking the OEM heatsink/fan will do.

it's better than my compter....

You might as well run with vista on that. Everything's compatible(except I don't think those 8500s have dx10, at least mine doesn't) and you have enough power to run and game with it smoothly.

How much did that system run you?

Keep the memory and get an operating system that will use the hardware and memory to it's fullest extent.

vista x64 should make nice use of that ram. you can have all the services idling in background all you want. i got 6 gigs, 67 services and doesnt break a sweat.

vista x64 should make nice use of that ram. you can have all the services idling in background all you want. i got 6 gigs, 67 services and doesnt break a sweat.

yea but fellas, doesn't Vista suck? i have not read or heard anything beneficial about it other than DX10.

thanx.

BTW - EDIT** i just re-checked and i paid $1088 plus $49 shipping.

Edited by ARTAQ

All 8x00 series has DX10..

I would personally go for Vista 32bit. It might use up about 3gb of ram. Unless you get 64bit you can't use all 4gb tho.

Edited by dezontk

yea but fellas, doesn't Vista suck? i have not read or heard anything beneficial about it other than DX10.

thanx.

BTW - EDIT** i just re-checked and i paid $1088 plus $49 shipping.

depends on if the person you ask. if you havnt read anything beneficial to you, then you obviously dont have need for a new OS, but there are tons of benefits, especially for new computer users.

i havnt had any problems with it, no driver problems either but some people have some still, it'll be awhile till vendors get all the drivers working well but they get better and more in quantity all the time.

Drop the 8500GT's and get a single 8800GT, you'll be much happier.

Two 8500's are about 140-150$. Drop the ram to two gigs, theres another 100$.

An 8800GT is about 250.

Edited by porksandwich9113

It's great as it is, to improve you could buy a soundcard with an onboard processor... but I doubt you'll notice any performance increase as your pc is already superb!

well it was a hair too late to adjust my order, but that's fine by me. thanx for all your comments! i'm very happy with it the way it is.

it arrives Thursday.

thanx again --- Derek.