Change Mode

How to Overclock to 4GHZ and beyond?

Here is my new score. Runnig @ 3.83 stable and Ram at 1022 Stable. LINK

I try to get to 4ghz, but I get the BSOD after logging in,

I even cancelled the ram out as a factor and RAN the ram stock of 800mhz.

My volts are 1.50-1.56

Ram is at 2.25 happy

Every time I get to 3.960+, I get dead system. I see alot of people getting past the 4ghz mark

did I manage to hit the FSB wall and meet my match at 3.83? I had a BSOD when running 32mb Super PI once, second time no. I may clock down to 3.7 again and concentrate on pushing RAM.

So, Whats the key here? I know temperature is no factor. Still at 12c. :P

PS. whats my bios version? I cant tell if its 10 or 14

Edited by el kido

If you get to the point where increasing voltages can no longer net you any gains, you've pretty much reached the limit. Of course, you could try using liquid nitrogen cooling.

Edited by brandon

Probably need more voltage.. And there is no way it's at 12 degrees either.

Try giving the chipset more voltage when pushing the fsb.. And play with the ram dividers as some of them might not work.

It take alot in some cases to get over 4ghz....for example it took about a week of tweaking before I could get this..

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/bigchrome/123.jpg

Oh ya, 1.85v too!! eek.

Edited by IntelGuy

that alkl depends on your chip..

What do you have the multi at?

Edit never mind I am pretty sure unless you have an extreme your multiplier is locked

I would go back down a bit and burn it in and then go slowly up.. This helped me when I hit a wall, also take a stick of ram out, this will giove you a little more room.

that alkl depends on your chip..

What do you have the multi at?

Edit never mind I am pretty sure unless you have an extreme your multiplier is locked

I would go back down a bit and burn it in and then go slowly up.. This helped me when I hit a wall, also take a stick of ram out, this will giove you a little more room.

I honestly havent hit any wall with this mobo. the real one I get is the one at 442 x 9, I get to windows but I get a BSOD after a minute.

Anything under that, like 440 works ok, havent tested. 425 was completely stable with RAM speeds Overclocked. I feel unsafe running my ram that high, so I may switch back to 3.77ish.

And whats the Highest volt ram goes before frying? I have EPP at 2.2 volts, that what I am at now just for safety.

main question. Whasts Highest Volts for CPU and RAM??

ps. Luis, I will get the core temp running in a bit, but Im telling you guys I got a lucky chip. :rolleyes:

A chip so lucky it will run sub-ambient on watercooling? WOW! :hammer:

I tried that IAN, I couldnt fit the poles in my room!!

Maybe when I up the volts to 1.7, I can get temps of 35c, will you be happy Chrome? :P

I always had a good feeling about this little chippy. It was the last in stock wen I went to go buy it, and futuremark keeps reading it as a Q6700. Its all mysteries with this little guy.

I would do as chrome said..You cannot go :filtered: deep and throw it into that extreme. That is how you fry cpu's.. It took me a good week as well to get my chip to 3.9 stable.. If you go slow you can achieve wonders. If you go to fast you wont get to far.

Burn in is important for overclockers.