Sign in to follow this  
Signman

Setting up wireless internet in Vista

I have been ask to setup the wireless internet on a new Dell laptop with Vista. I don't know squat about Vista. Could someone give me some pointers? Where stuff is located...etc? I have also been told that there are problems with Vista connecting to certain routers. What routers would be safe to use? I have a feeling you will here from me again.. :huh:

Hey dunno if i'm abit late but it's all pretty much the same as xp.

It's all just stupidly user friendly in some places.

I dunno about router compatibility, i've never had any problems connecting.

Edited by spacemonkey

Thanks for the reply spacemonkey.....they haven't received the laptop yet nor have they bought a router. I thought that Vista would be about the same as XP ....just thought I would throw it out there and see what kind of response I would get. A lot of lookers....but no replies. Guess I am in the same boat as everyone else. :lol:

I got a new Vista laptop, and it hooked up fine to my old Linksys router (forgot the model)

And then to my new Linksys WRT54G no problem.

There is an option in their to go to XP Classic view. I recomend this, otherwise the new GUI will really screw you up. I had a REALLY hard time finding stuff.

I did have a problem with Quick time. But so far no problems with a Brother MFC 440 cn and Epson R200 printers....or with an older Printmaster Gold 15, which came out years ago. installed no problems and runs great.

Everything seems to running great on it, but time will tell.

bfvmg...are you saying to change the view to Classic XP before I start trying to do anything. (so I can find everything) Ok then to change it back once everything is setup and working? :geezer: