Sign in to follow this  
el kido

Antec 900 Case Mod

Right now Im doing a case mod that will help people with cable issues. Once finished, I will upload Photos.

In mean time, who has case mods that they would like to share?

my pretty basic mod is to cut a hole in the mobo tray by the power supply to router the wires all behind it

Sorry im so late guys, I have been so busy. So far everything is looking good. The cable management is pretty good. The real issue was the motherboard has the PCI plug for extra juice and the power supply cable was 1 inch to short to reach the 8 pin power on the motherboard. So I cant hide it.

My Antec 900 has the Radiator drilled to the side.

I finished 90%. Here is the goodies

I had cut out the back of the MOBO tray to let the wires go through with no issues. Pic

Then, I ran all the cables through the back and sat there thinking how hard it will be to close the side panel. It did shut perfect though!!! Pic

I then wired all the cables nicely (in a way) to make the case close and keep everything plugged in. Pic

Finally, Its all plugged in and looks so clean inside. Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

It looks really nice and the cable mess is no more. Airflow is great also! I wish the 8 pin mobo connector was longer so it wouldnt run through the whole mobo. Took me a while to do, but It was because I had little time.

Here is my monitor I play on also. Pic

and the giant sub, part of a 5.1 system which delivers awesome sound!! Powered by XFI fatality. Pic

nice setup there kido... thats some nice cable management..

umm.. all I can say is I am really sorry for delaying so much and finally loosing contact completely..

I've been terribly bussy with work and stuff.. I know you got the stuff, so thats nice.. But once again my sincere apologies... I hope you understand.. :rolleyes:

nice setup there kido... thats some nice cable management..

umm.. all I can say is I am really sorry for delaying so much and finally loosing contact completely..

I've been terribly bussy with work and stuff.. I know you got the stuff, so thats nice.. But once again my sincere apologies... I hope you understand.. :rolleyes:

I do understand. It tool me two weeks to get this done, I been so busy too. I think this is the only few hours I have actually sat down uninterupted. All day I run errands for my parents, do hw, chores and all this junk. I sit down for 10 minutes every few hours.

I understand what happened to you. Hope all is well though!

I'm asking for more hours at work, but things are much better now.. all is well here bro.. I keep myself busy, but its time to take it easy for abit..

Thanks again, Take Care.. Good Luck with ur new build :adios:

I'm asking for more hours at work, but things are much better now.. all is well here bro.. I keep myself busy, but its time to take it easy for abit..

Thanks again, Take Care.. Good Luck with ur new build :adios:

I have a question. Where do you think I should put my radiator? its hard to place a triple anywhere. Im putting it drilled to the side panel, but it looks like it is bending the tubes to much, it doesnt bend, but I fear it will pull off even though its got the tube tie thing.

I have a question. Where do you think I should put my radiator? its hard to place a triple anywhere. Im putting it drilled to the side panel, but it looks like it is bending the tubes to much, it doesnt bend, but I fear it will pull off even though its got the tube tie thing.

guess you didn't notice.. http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?show...=148711&hl=

either top or bottom, normally at the top.. yeah u'll have to take that 200mm fan (I think it is).. but still you can put that rad at the top.. I believe so...

I'll see if I can find some pics for you... :)

edit: found one.. http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1070433qc9.jpg

Edited by miggs78

guess you didn't notice.. http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?show...=148711&hl=

either top or bottom, normally at the top.. yeah u'll have to take that 200mm fan (I think it is).. but still you can put that rad at the top.. I believe so...

I'll see if I can find some pics for you... :)

edit: found one.. http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1070433qc9.jpg

I do remember what you said, by that would be a little hard. I am kinda a little to late to do that to becuase the tubes are going through the rear exit. I wish I got the Cosmo case.

I just let the little sucker sit on the side for now.

I do remember what you said, by that would be a little hard. I am kinda a little to late to do that to becuase the tubes are going through the rear exit. I wish I got the Cosmo case.

I just let the little sucker sit on the side for now.

I wouldn't get it yet, its still new, and its Plastic.. I know its hell of a build, but its not that great, if I you really do wanna a good case, go for the CM Stacker 830 or 832, hey even the good old 810 is one hell of a case, and you could get the radiator easily on the top of the 810 or even the front side.... Its one case really recommended by so many people for water cooling, no hard feelings, but I was suprised why you picked the Antec 900, sorry but I think its a bogus case... They tried to copy the stacker 830 design, some what, but screwed it up.. Hell even my gigabyte is much better... The new case, Gigabyte 570 case, I really like this thing...

Anyways, take Care.. remember, if you want to stick with this case permanently, either you let the rad stay where it is, or you have to move the radiator, you have no choice... if not the top, somewhere you will...

:):adios:

I wouldn't get it yet, its still new, and its Plastic.. I know its hell of a build, but its not that great, if I you really do wanna a good case, go for the CM Stacker 830 or 832, hey even the good old 810 is one hell of a case, and you could get the radiator easily on the top of the 810 or even the front side.... Its one case really recommended by so many people for water cooling, no hard feelings, but I was suprised why you picked the Antec 900, sorry but I think its a bogus case... They tried to copy the stacker 830 design, some what, but screwed it up.. Hell even my gigabyte is much better... The new case, Gigabyte 570 case, I really like this thing...

Anyways, take Care.. remember, if you want to stick with this case permanently, either you let the rad stay where it is, or you have to move the radiator, you have no choice... if not the top, somewhere you will...

:):adios:

I wanted the stacker at first, but I get such a good deal on this case, only paid $100 shipped. Its a good case, has some flaws, but pretty good. I would have loved the stacker though.

You gotta see my quad perform, visit my other thread. :shifty:

I wanted the stacker at first, but I get such a good deal on this case, only paid $100 shipped. Its a good case, has some flaws, but pretty good. I would have loved the stacker though.

You gotta see my quad perform, visit my other thread. :shifty:

shuttup :P:lol: .. j/k :mrgreen: