Sign in to follow this  
Bear

firefox

Kram no i did not compile the driver but it is a thought, and no i can compile it but if i do run intoa problem i will look you up.

I am going to turn the 3d support back on and see if maybe i was doing something that caused the problem while it is on, maybe if i can narrow it down it could possibly help someone else.

In any event i will also give the drive you posted try as well Bruce just to see if the same problem occurs, if it does then it would more than likey be a hardware issue but if not then it could only be a driver issue and i would like to know two things

1.With both drivers does the problem occur ?

2. What causes the problem software, hardware or combination of both

Bear once you get the driver installed hopefully all is good, but if you do not see a nVidia logo when you boot up, post your xorg,conf configuration. Let me take a look at it and see what changes need to be made.

Well I thought for a second that maybe the issues on crashing happened to be a fluke, i had re-enabled the 3d support and for a bit no problems , then bam the same thing.

So when i get home today from work i will be installing the drivers posted by Bruce

I don't think it is anything i am doin, as all i was doing was reading the news from a web page from my local station, nothing speacial just an everyday page.

I also pulled my vid card and installed it in my roommates sons computer (which i built) installed the drivers and so on and it worked flawlessly.

So i am leaning to a driver problem rather than anything else.

Funny thing is though i can not find anyone else having the same issue

I will post again after i have installed the other drivers and have run a few days (if possible)

Bear

Hi! I've now got Opensuse 10.3, and guess what? Firefox is crashing, the last time twice in about 3 minutes. I'm running on Windows at the moment, until I can find a solution. Otherwise, 10.3's great.