Change Mode

Acronis True Image & O&O Defrag

I've been using both Acronis True Image (backup) and O&O defrag for quite some time now. Just recently I noticed that when trying to defrag certain partitions or when Acronis True Image starts up and analyzes all the partitions, both bits of software hang on some of the partitions. It used to take less than a second, but now takes 10-20 min per partition but no idea why. I tried a reformat of my second HD (where most of the troublesome partitions were) but this doesn't seem to have helped. I also ran the chkdsk X: /f /r command to check all partitions. They all came back clean, but even the ones without OS on them needed to be desmounted first. All I can think of is that something is accessing all my drives and stopping defrag and True Image getting proper access. The problem is I haven't made any significant changes to the system and I've tried turning off antivirus and any active spyware monitoring software.

Any ideas??

I've been using both Acronis True Image (backup) and O&O defrag for quite some time now. Just recently I noticed that when trying to defrag certain partitions or when Acronis True Image starts up and analyzes all the partitions, both bits of software hang on some of the partitions. It used to take less than a second, but now takes 10-20 min per partition but no idea why. I tried a reformat of my second HD (where most of the troublesome partitions were) but this doesn't seem to have helped. I also ran the chkdsk X: /f /r command to check all partitions. They all came back clean, but even the ones without OS on them needed to be desmounted first. All I can think of is that something is accessing all my drives and stopping defrag and True Image getting proper access. The problem is I haven't made any significant changes to the system and I've tried turning off antivirus and any active spyware monitoring software.

Any ideas??

HI 'Timn'

My interest in your post is that I use both Acronis 10 and O & O defrag software.

Have you considered scanning with HJT and submitting your scan to either WTT (Whatthetech) or SS (Security Central) That is what I would do if I owned your computer.

All the best,