Change Mode

Microsoft Seeks Another OS-Level Adware Patent

http://web.newsik.net/related/Microsoft-Se...t-14192168.html

» Web News

» Web Photo News

Related Topics

» Microsoft

Microsoft Seeks Another OS-Level Adware Patent

14/09/2007 09:38. “odp writes "Microsoft has just published a patent application for advertising triggered by sequences of user actions, which describes how to interrupt” // Atomic

14/09/2007 05:41. theodp writes "Microsoft has just published a patent application for advertising triggered by sequences of user actions , which describes how to interrupt game playing, music listening, and photo viewing with pop-up ads ('the components may be integrated directly into

the operating system'

wait a minute, are they trying to prevent adds or push them :lol:

They just paid 6 billion dollars to aquire an add company.

Looks to me like they are planning on popping adds up on peoples computers while they are listening to music, playing games, watching movies................. :rofl3:

Ya but technically if you patent certain methods that adds pop up you could legally attack spyware makers right?

......or encourage it
  • 3 weeks later...

I read a while back ago that M$ was planning to come out with a really cheap o.s. and it would have advertising for the costs reduction

I dunno the one they make seems pretty cheap to me :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

novice users may find this useful, in fact they can shop every time there submitted to adds :huh:

i think the advanced users wont have a chance of modifying core components to disable this great feature :blink:

isn't this forced upon users ! i would guess that micros-o-ft customers would not mind being interrupted being showered with pretty adds :unsure:

personally i don't get it, hasn't it been about there customers all along, i mean you pay for something an expect ease of use and Privacy considering we fought so hard in the past to remove adware then to be faced with it once again, i cannot see the logic in it unless of course its never been about there customers :)

i cannot see the logic in it unless of course its never been about there customers

Surely you jest, of course with Microsoft it has never been about the customer but about the all mighty

Posted Image