Sign in to follow this  
PORTHOS

Add handy items to your control panel

Thanks to Kelsenellenelvian for the great work.

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=337

It adds these items to your control panel(for easy access). This is for XP/Win2003 only. Have not tested it on Win 2000 and it will not work on Vista.

Please click on the links to find out what each program does. Some programs are advanced and not for the novice user. Please use with care.

BootSafe v1.0.1002

Bootvis

ClearType PowerToy

CPU-Z v1.44.1

Dial-a-Fix v0.60.0.24

DirectX 9.0c CPL

Expired Cookies Cleaner v1.02

GPU-Z v0.1.7

HD Tune v2.55

HWmonitor v1.08

MemTest v3.6

Microsoft AutoPlay Repair Wizard

Microsoft TimeZone <-- Requires .NET Framework

Microsoft Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel v2.1

MSI CleanUp Utility 4.4

Nero Info Tool v5.2.3.0

New MSConfig

Regedit

Startup v2.8 CPL

Services and Devices v2.7

TweakUI PowerToy v2.10.0.0

Windows Task Manager

WinUpdatesList v1.21

User Accounts 2 CPL

This is a silent installer DO NOT click on it like 50x because you see nothing happening! Double click it once and wait a few then look at your control panel for the changes.

It will install in under a minute.

The silent installer now has a cancel option and notifications of installation and finishing...

download.HERE.. UPDATED to V8.8 link fixed

http://www.wpiw.net/downloads/addons/Kels_CPLBonus_v8.8.exe

V8.8 Changelog

GPU-Z v0.2.8

NEW! Smart Driver Backup v2.11

v8.6 Changelog

HWMonitor 1.11

v8.5 Changelog

CPU-Z v1.47

v8.4 Changelog

WInUpdatesList v1.23

GPU-Z v2.7

GPU-Z 0.2.6v8.3 Changelog

Cleaning up mainly...

WinUpdatesList v1.22

v8.2.9 Changelog

GPU-Z 0.2.6

v8.2.8 Changelog

GPU-Z 0.2.5

Memtest v3.7

v8.2.7 Changelog

CPU-Z 1.4.6

HWMonitor 1.1.0

v8.2.6 Changelog

GPU-Z 0.2.4

v8.2.5 Changelog

GPU-Z 0.2.3

BootSafe v2.0.1000 (Thanks Reaper)

The whole package is now uninstallable via the add/remove panel.

Here is a screenshot. http://img180.imagevenue.com/img.php?image...L_122_544lo.jpg

Due to this Tip has won (thanks) The October tips and tricks contest in our PcPitstop newsletter I will keep a close eye on this thread and assist users as much as possible.

Please note I did not create this but just passing it on. :)

Edited by PORTHOS

I love it. It gets installed on every computer I work on now. :tup:

I love it. It gets installed on every computer I work on now. :tup:

I would like to try this out but the direct download link doesn't seem to work anymore,can someone point me in the right direction to get this program as a Google search didn't help me at all

Thanks

Johnny

I would like to try this out but the direct download link doesn't seem to work anymore,can someone point me in the right direction to get this program as a Google search didn't help me at all

Thanks

Johnny

Original link fixed new version is available. :tup:

Edited by PORTHOS

Original link fixed new version is available. :tup:

Porthos I can't even get this to open after I d/l it. Have tried 3 times, nothing happens.

This is a silent installer DO NOT click on it like 50x because you see nothing happening!

Check your control panel..

Hi, I downloaded (saved) the exe file, then tried to run it, but I get the message:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Inga

Hi, I downloaded (saved) the exe file, then tried to run it, but I get the message:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

What am I doing wrong?

:wp:

What version of windows is this. Are you the administrator on this computer?

Edited by PORTHOS

Nice find, but how do you remove those programs from the control panel if you don't want them anymore?

Edited by SimonSmith

Nice find, but how do you remove those programs from the control panel if you don't want them anymore?

From the first post..

Save the file into a folder. (eg. Desktop)

Double click on it.

Probably it will ask for Run or Cancel (windows security).

You can see the hard driver working, in my computer (p4 3Ghz HT) takes about 10 sec. it may change.

Inga: try donwload the file again, and check where you are saving it, try save it in root C:

When I try to link to the download, I get "The page cannot be found." Has the link changed?

Annice

Found this at RyanVm. Thanks to Kelsenellenelvian for the great work.

It adds these items to your control panel(for easy access). This is for XP/Win2003 only. Have not tested it on Win 2000 and it will not work on Vista.

Please click on the links to find out what each program does. Some programs are advanced and not for the novice user. Please use with care.

BootSafe v1.0.1002

Bootvis

ClearType PowerToy

CPU-Z v1.41

Dial-a-Fix v0.60.0.24

DirectX 9.0c CPL

HD Tune v2.54

MemTest v3.5

MSI CleanUp Utility 4.4

New MSConfig

Regedit

Startup v2.8 CPL

Windows Task Manager

WinUpdatesList v1.13

User Accounts 2 CPL

This is a silent installer DO NOT click on it like 50x because you see nothing happening! Double click it once and wait a few then look at your control panel for the changes.

"Silent installation" = Installation that does not display messages or windows during its progress.

To install just download the file below, Double click on it or right click and choose "OPEN". It will appear that NOTHING is happining. Wait a few and go to start-control panel and there are now the new Icons as shown in the below screenshot.

This is a DIRECT download... UPDATED to V6.5 link fixed

http://www.wpiw.net/downloads/addons/Kels_CPLBonus_v6.5.exe

When I try to link to the download, I get "The page cannot be found." Has the link changed?

Annice

Fixed link and tested :)

Hi there, I was reading your post and all the good things that can be added to your control room to help keep pc in good health. You said it is only good for XP and Windows 2003 I believe. If this is the case unfortunately for me I still only have windows ME. Is there anything availabe for ME or any suggestions you could give to me.

Also I was given a Windows XP for Christmas last year and everyone told me that I talked to about it that I could not just add it to my ME. Is this true and if so would I have to somehow take me off my pc and then add my New XP? The XP that I got is, Windows XP Home Edition. Just wondering if you all could give me some advice about this.

Have A Great Day

Bill Buick

BootSafe v1.0.1002

Bootvis

ClearType PowerToy

CPU-Z v1.41

Dial-a-Fix v0.60.0.24

DirectX 9.0c CPL

GPU-Z v0.0.9

HD Tune v2.54

MemTest v3.6

MSI CleanUp Utility 4.4

New MSConfig

Regedit

Startup v2.8 CPL

Windows Task Manager

WinUpdatesList v1.13

User Accounts 2 CPL

"Silent installation" = Installation that does not display messages or windows during its progress.

To install just download the file below, Double click on it or right click and choose "OPEN". It will appear that NOTHING is happining. Wait a few and go to start-control panel and there are now the new Icons as shown in the below screenshot.

This is a DIRECT download... UPDATED to V6.8 link fixed

http://www.wpiw.net/downloads/addons/Kels_CPLBonus_v6.8.exe

Here is a screenshot. http://img180.imagevenue.com/img.php?image...L_122_544lo.jpg

Due to this Tip has won (thanks) The October tips and tricks contest in our PcPitstop newsletter I will keep a close eye on this thread and assist users as much as possible.

Hi there, I was reading your post and all the good things that can be added to your control room to help keep pc in good health. You said it is only good for XP and Windows 2003 I believe. If this is the case unfortunately for me I still only have windows ME. Is there anything availabe for ME or any suggestions you could give to me.

Also I was given a Windows XP for Christmas last year and everyone told me that I talked to about it that I could not just add it to my ME. Is this true and if so would I have to somehow take me off my pc and then add my New XP? The XP that I got is, Windows XP Home Edition. Just wondering if you all could give me some advice about this.

Have A Great Day

Bill Buick

BootSafe v1.0.1002

Bootvis

ClearType PowerToy

CPU-Z v1.41

Dial-a-Fix v0.60.0.24

DirectX 9.0c CPL

GPU-Z v0.0.9

HD Tune v2.54

MemTest v3.6

MSI CleanUp Utility 4.4

New MSConfig

Regedit

Startup v2.8 CPL

Windows Task Manager

WinUpdatesList v1.13

User Accounts 2 CPL

This is a DIRECT download... UPDATED to V6.8 link fixed

http://www.wpiw.net/downloads/addons/Kels_CPLBonus_v6.8.exe

Hey Porthos gr8 Post.. Just fix the link its dead again..

Glad it won something :tup::clap::adios:

Hello all...I know this topic is quite old, but I am very interested in this and the link is dead again. :D If someone (Anyone) could steer me in the correct direction I would be eternally grateful.

-Thankyou1123

~Apologist Of Christ~ || ~Jeremiah 1:7-8 ; Habakkuk 1:5~