Sign in to follow this  
girly

DISC MD

When the program gets to phase 2 on C drive I get the error message saying the program has encounted a problem and needs to close. This only happens when defragging C drive and I have antivirus turned off. The other drives run ok.

Edited by girly

Please try running Windows Disk cleanup from Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup, and also click the 'More Options' tab and delete all but the most recent restore point, if you do not need them.

Once Disk Cleanup finishes, open Computer then right-click the Local Drive C:\ and select Properties>Tools>Error Checking>Check Now> put a checkmark in both boxes, click Start, then reboot. When the disk check completes, please try running DiskMD again and see if it will complete.

Please try running Windows Disk cleanup from Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup, and also click the 'More Options' tab and delete all but the most recent restore point, if you do not need them.

Once Disk Cleanup finishes, open Computer then right-click the Local Drive C:\ and select Properties>Tools>Error Checking>Check Now> put a checkmark in both boxes, click Start, then reboot. When the disk check completes, please try running DiskMD again and see if it will complete.

I did the above and ran the program again. This time it completed C drive then I got the same message before I could continue with D drive.

Please update your Tech Express link so we can take a look.

Did you try running disk cleanup and error checking on the D drive?

If you run the program on C, then close DiskMD and reopen it before running it on D, does the issue change?

Please try this:

Go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>DiskMD>uninstall PC Pitstop DiskMD and run the uninstaller. (If the uninstaller is missing or broken, proceed to the next step.)

Once that completes, go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>DiskMD and delete the entire DiskMD folder.

Now do a reinstall with a new copy of DiskMD from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

If you run the program on C, then close DiskMD and reopen it before running it on D, does the issue change?

Please try this:

Go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>DiskMD>uninstall PC Pitstop DiskMD and run the uninstaller. (If the uninstaller is missing or broken, proceed to the next step.)

Once that completes, go to My Computer>C:\>Program Files>PC Pitstop>DiskMD and delete the entire DiskMD folder.

Now do a reinstall with a new copy of DiskMD from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

I have run the program today on D & E without probs without installing a new copy but if the program has the same problem in future will I be able to install new copy then or should | do it now?