Change Mode

Need help on final build thoughts

well, I have around $1100 to spend now, and Neweggs pay later option for the difference, if any.

This is what I have in Mind.

Case $117**

[http://www.pcclub.com/product_details.cfm?itemno=A1938452]CPU[/url] $279

MOBO $149

Total from here-------$545

Then....

Newegg

Hard Drive $79

RAM $72*special code*

Video Card Choice 1 HD2900XT $363.99

Video Card Choice 2 8800GTX $509.99

Then PSU $130

Total from here.................$792 or $644

Then, watercooling which is estimated at $100, thanks miggs

Total is $1289 or $1437

What is the best video card to choose, even for the future?

And im ordering after my driving test tomorrow, so fast replys, please!!

thanks guys

Edited by el kido

If you want to save a little more,

I don't mind those OCZ mem sticks, but I would rather suggest these

These things can OC well, especially the PC8500 one's were official sponsors for us in forum wars, people got some very good results.. And the PC6400 are certainly some good stuff...

ZipZoomFly has the Quads for a little less, with free shipping.. http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...oductCode=80864

I personally would go for this PSU (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703009) over the Thermaltake one you listed... Its a much better and reliable PSU...

That case is good...

Just remembered, I got some good PC6400 Patriot Extreme RAM collecting dust, its like brand new, I only used it once, until I got these Crucial's.. This is what I got... Linkyy

Thats all it...

Well if I were you I would wait a little bit longer and just keep saving, If your current system works fine, just save a little longer cause with the items you put up, they are already outdated. Motherboards with DDR3, newer video cards and ram etc. All you will wind up doing is getting what you have now compared to everyone else.

Well if I were you I would wait a little bit longer and just keep saving, If your current system works fine, just save a little longer cause with the items you put up, they are already outdated. Motherboards with DDR3, newer video cards and ram etc. All you will wind up doing is getting what you have now compared to everyone else.

well thats very true, but seeing current prices, I think a newer system with ddr3 and geforce 9 series will costs him lots more, don't you think Ocean.. I could be wrong, but thats what I think..

on the other hand, you could wait longer and get newer future proof parts (unless you got that "I have to upgrade NOW!!" disease :lol: )

There's always something better coming out. You just have to ask yourself "does my current rig need to be replaced?" and if so do it. If not, wait until it does and get the good stuff then. You'll never get anything if you always wait for the stuff coming out (and if you were waiting for the HD2900s from when the GF8800s came out the wait is sometimes longer than you expected).

If you want to try to future proof a little, you can get this mobo that supports DDR2 and DDR3 both.

Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R

:rofl2:

Miggs your a funny guy!

Wasn't saying wait and purchase a 9 series card! :lol:

Only saying to save up and get better! The 2900XT's will last awhile I'm sure as well as the 8800s will stilll be making benchmark history to come. I just wanted to see ELKido get better , and just saying he'd be better off to save up a little longer to do so. Even if it's top quality ddr2, w/ 8800 series or 2900!!

Edited by OceanV47

well, I have around $1100 to spend now, and Neweggs pay later option for the difference, if any.

This is what I have in Mind.

Case $123

CPU $289

MOBO $149

Total from here-------$561

Then....

Newegg

Hard Drive $79

RAM $82

MAYBE Video Card and PSU $449

Total from here.................$610

Then, watercooling which is estimated at $200

Total is $1371

What video card should i get, and what else to buy to knock down some prices. The sound card I am taking from my current rig.

thanks guys

Abit IP35 Pro

C2 Quad

Antec 900

Total - about $545

thanks for the help guys!

I really see good reviews with the Reaper Ram OC extremely well, And it has warrenty with OC, Im not sure on the others though. I dont really care for DDR3, I think It will take a while until it becomes the state DDR2, and by then I will be ready for PCIe 2.0 cards, 45nm CPU, DDR3. So I am not really worried about that.

That is kinda why I wanted to go with the 8800gts to get step up, so atleast I can save SOME money.

but the HD2900XT just gets better and better with every driver. Oh, And I would rather get the Quad from PC club, It is next to my house and i get employee discount.

I have a question. I have a Sound Blaster Platinum, a few years old, with 6.1 and has the front drive for optical in and out. And the surround system I want to use is a yamaha 6.1 speaker surround system....hehehe.

I was just wondering if tI should just stick to that Sound card, or get a new x-fi for like $70. I paid almost $300 for this current one. I honestly think it compares good compared to the other cards at the lower price. its 24 bit i believe.

And I think the only way I can stick to that surround sound is with optical, and The only optical sound cards are like $300, and I dont want to shell out that much. Or, is there another way to get the sound from the computer and speakers?

All I know that it has a reciever, a huge sub, and the speakers. I thought the only way to hook it up was with optical use, I didnt see another way. My dad said I can hook the speakers to the TV, then the Computer to the TV and get the sound.. Or something like that??

The recievers model # is HTR-5540

The SUB only had this on it YST SW005

And then 5 yamaha speakers surrounding me.

EDIT: Hey caintry, the case would end up the same price, look at the shipping. :P

and the Processor, I would pay an extra $20 for a G0

and the board, Im getting it for $150 after rebate

Edited by el kido

hey el kido, I dunno how someone can guarantee G0 stepping... I've never seen a online shop doing that... :shifty:

There are some that do, like www.tankguys.biz.

They don't have to open the box, just look at the label and find the product code: SL9UM for B3, SLACR for G0.

man, i was going to get some of that reaper ram awwhile back, but i couldn't find more than 1 review on it that suggested it was worth it, DAMN, lol, i loved that heatpipe look.

EDIT>> You can use the simple 1/8 headphone type jacks in the back, and a Y splitter to RCA connectors and then plug it directly into the recievers analog 5.1 connections. optical/coaxial is simpler and people say it sounds better since the signal is transmitted digitally and decoded aboard the (usually) better receiver's chips

Edited by wdeydwondrer

man, i was going to get some of that reaper ram awwhile back, but i couldn't find more than 1 review on it that suggested it was worth it, DAMN, lol, i loved that heatpipe look.

EDIT>> You can use the simple 1/8 headphone type jacks in the back, and a Y splitter to RCA connectors and then plug it directly into the recievers analog 5.1 connections. optical/coaxial is simpler and people say it sounds better since the signal is transmitted digitally and decoded aboard the (usually) better receiver's chips

My dad said the same thing. I didnt trust him. :lol:

So, I can get the full sound though?

yes, you can. you'll probably need to make a stop by radio shack though for the cables. and you don't need to hook it to the tv for it to work like that

ALSO!!!! that reaper set is on sale now at newegg, plus a price reduction if you're on their email mailing list.

122.99 -40 MIR -15 mailing list promo code = 67.99 for 2x1gig ddr2800

yes, you can. you'll probably need to make a stop by radio shack though for the cables. and you don't need to hook it to the tv for it to work like that

ALSO!!!! that reaper set is on sale now at newegg, plus a price reduction if you're on their email mailing list.

122.99 -40 MIR -15 mailing list promo code = 67.99 for 2x1gig ddr2800

I do have the cable.

I am on the mailing list and they never emailed me?

EMC918SYME02

the email went out yesterday. if you're not on the mailing list or to just make sure, resubmit your email addy and you'll be instantly on it and be able to use the code.

and it should be 3 cables since only 2 chanels can run across thoose headphone jacks on the mobo

EMC918SYME02

the email went out yesterday. if you're not on the mailing list or to just make sure, resubmit your email addy and you'll be instantly on it and be able to use the code.

and it should be 3 cables since only 2 chanels can run across thoose headphone jacks on the mobo

thanks, do you know how long it is on sale fore?

and how will the 3 cables work? Exactly how many jacks do i have? I am lost? :P

1 will split into the left/right fronts

2 will split into the left right rears

3 will split into the center and sub channel

and your board could have 7.1 surround, which would be left/right surrounds. i didn't look at your specific board though. it'll explain it just like this and which ports are which speakers in the manual

and the sale will probably only be a week.

1 will split into the left/right fronts

2 will split into the left right rears

3 will split into the center and sub channel

and your board could have 7.1 surround, which would be left/right surrounds. i didn't look at your specific board though. it'll explain it just like this and which ports are which speakers in the manual

and the sale will probably only be a week.

Thanks, Is there another way of hooking it up though? Like, through Firewire?

probably, but then you'd be emulating the sound instead of using your sound card. lower quality.

or you can get a higher end card w/ optical or coaxial digital outs and plug it into your theater system w/ that one wire for better sound

the RCA jacks are more or less in the middle of the quality here as they are analog, but it's not being emulated across the usb.

probably, but then you'd be emulating the sound instead of using your sound card. lower quality.

or you can get a higher end card w/ optical or coaxial digital outs and plug it into your theater system w/ that one wire for better sound

the RCA jacks are more or less in the middle of the quality here as they are analog, but it's not being emulated across the usb.

I do have the optical way, but the thing is i didnt want to use my old sound card. The face plate is white compared to the rest. it looks ugly. :unsure:

hmmmmm...On the reciever it also has the A/V connection, is there a way i can do it with that?