Change Mode

2000 vs XP vs Vista

jep

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit and loving it. It looks so much better than XP or 2k, and I have had very few problems. It runs very smoothly. I use a great program called vlite to remove a lot of useless bloat from the DVD (such as Internet Explorer :lol:) before installing. If you have the hardware, I would definitely recommend Vista

running a *downloaded copy of server 2k3 (experience edition) from and using my own cdkeys.

*sorry for the link

Yes, you removed your link...you will continue to need help with shoddy and cracked methods.

Don't brag about what you do illegally on these forums or your rear will be wondering what hit it, one day soon!

I like windows xp home or pro

i got windows 95 ..98se..but these i cant really connect to internet just too old

i also use home premium vista...im not not really impressed with..its slow areas are grayed out

im planning on reformatting home premium

reformat with home premium..

heres what i dont like...bill gates forcing this vista @@@###$$down our throats....putting a product out thats not very good to everyone

next thing computer users will switch to MAC

only some feed back to this topic

I like windows xp home or pro

i got windows 95 ..98se..but these i cant really connect to internet just too old

i also use home premium vista...im not not really impressed with..its slow areas are grayed out

im planning on reformatting home premium

reformat with home premium..

heres what i dont like...bill gates forcing this vista @@@###$$down our throats....putting a product out thats not very good to everyone

next thing computer users will switch to MAC

only some feed back to this topic

Been testing out Vista Premium and it's done very well, actually not a problem yet. Not sure what people keep complaining about? Why buy a Mac just cause you don't like Vista? Linux will run on your current systems.

Bill Gates didn't force anything down your throat. It was your "choice" to purchase it.

I so totally agree with Bruce on this.

You made the choice, learn the operating system.

If you can't get it to work, research! The answers are there, but don't blame the system for not co-operating.

I have XP pro, and Vista premium and Suse too, but I still use W2K as my main machine, if something works well....stick with it

Not that I don't like the others, but I haven't used the vista enough to hate it yet

heres my point about being forced to purchase vista of any kind

im in northern ontario canada........all major stores sell vista only

to get xp of any kind you also have to purchase the xp intallation disc

example ..our main office uses xp pro

needed a new laptop but it came with vista

so we to convert it to xp pro

already paid $600.00 for laptop

now xp pro cost $200.00

total of $800.00

walmart and staples...other repair shops all sell vista

which what i meant we are forced to buy vista

not only windows need to be changed but drivers as well

You are not "forced" to buy Vista, no one twists your arm to buy it off the shelf. No twists your arm to buy that PC with it re-installed.

AS for the "Windows Tax" ( getting PC with windows pre-installed) No one forced you to click I agree on the EULA when the computer is first booted up.

Simply never agree to the EULA, install the OS of your choice, contact the manufacturer of the computer and they have to give you back the the cost of Windows.

Again all those things are choices people make. They make them, and then complain and blame Microsoft for the choice that they themselves have made.

I don't buy into it, I haven't for 9 years now.

Personally I don't like the Windows Tax, I don't like the companies business practices, but rather then clicking agree to their EULA and then complaining about them when it was my choice to begin with, I just don't do it. It is my choice to make, no one else's, so I make the decisions.

There are choices, options, and decisions when it comes to operating systems. If you choose poorly then you have no one to blame but yourself.

sorry tried the manufacture thing...so we just have to take the blame.....thats a luxury people dont have around here....if its vista that comes with the computer vista is what you get...if you can afford to make the operating system change then thats good for the individual

Your question:

Has anyone ever put an older operating system on a new PC (Older then XP).

Your answer:

I was running win 98se on a P4 3.4ghz system couldn't get it to run with 1.5gb of ram or I would still be running it as my prime operating system. My son's computer was switched to XP 3 years ago because of file limitations in video editing and my daughter-in-law is still running win 98se on P4 2.4ghz even though she is dual booting with XP

I think 98se was a great operating system in its day, still works well (along with the 'Unofficial 98se Service Pack' and all updates) on computers that won't support anything more resource-hungry. IMHO, the best operating systems M$ has made to date would be Windows 2000 Professional SP4, and Windows XP SP2 (tweaked). Good stable operating systems.

Vista won't get near my computers. -kd5-

I have been running Vista Business edition to test it before deployment to the PCs here (500+) and I must say the only real problem I have with it is IE. But unfortunately this is the only "approved" browser the company allows. Once UAC is turned off Vista isn't that bad. I still however prefer Windows and Ubuntu for my home PCs.