Change Mode

ATI is beating Nvidia in almast all DX Games!

LINKY

The HD2900XT passes the 8800GTX in almost every game in frame rates. Does anyone notice this to?

The only game that it sucks at and cant even play at was lost planet, but that game sucks anyways. :P

In THIS page, It kills the 8800GTX by almost 10 frames (512 MB Version)

It is a glitchy card, so many problems with programs, but i bet if they had a good driver, it would kill NVIDIA completely.

Why were so many people comparing it to the 8800GTS? That think doesnt even stand a chance!!

Well....I know what my new card is going to be.

Know why this is taking so long to come out? It's because even with nvidia lining the pockets of reviewers...people are eventually gonna buy the cards and find out.

I wouldn't get too jumped up yet though...the 8800GTX beats my card in a lot of games.

Also, I agree with you...Lost planet sucks.

Edited by bigchrome

Know why this is taking so long to come out? It's because even with nvidia lining the pockets of reviewers...people are eventually gonna buy the cards and find out.

I wouldn't get too jumped up yet though...the 8800GTX beats my card in a lot of games.

the 8800 kills in most games of today. But games of tomorrow is what it looks like ATI is doing good with.

We just need to keep watching really. For $400, And that kind of performance, its not bad.

Hey Biggy, I remember you telling me you got a 20k+ in 3dmark05, was that with 1 card, and really how much was your E6600 clocked at, was the gpu overclocked, really thats alot...

I get JUST under 23k with cpu at only 3.87GHz, ram 430 @ 4-4-4-12 40

card at only 900/1000 (940 can be done with sligtly colder ambients I was just trying to play it safe. So yup, the card's doing well.

My friend got a 2900 too so if he comes over and we have his better board 28k + will be EASY.

Edited by bigchrome

I get JUST under 23k with cpu at only 3.87GHz, ram 430 @ 4-4-4-12 40

card at only 900/1000 (940 can be done with sligtly colder ambients I was just trying to play it safe. So yup, the card's doing well.

My friend got a 2900 too so if he comes over and we have his better board 28k + will be EASY.

Hope so A'ron............that'll put you top at TRP

:boxing::boxing:

• 2 weeks later...

LINKY

The HD2900XT passes the 8800GTX in almost every game in frame rates. Does anyone notice this to?

The only game that it sucks at and cant even play at was lost planet, but that game sucks anyways. :P

In THIS page, It kills the 8800GTX by almost 10 frames (512 MB Version)

It is a glitchy card, so many problems with programs, but i bet if they had a good driver, it would kill NVIDIA completely.

Why were so many people comparing it to the 8800GTS? That think doesnt even stand a chance!!

Well....I know what my new card is going to be.

in my oppion it depends on OS, im finding that on XP the 8800 wins hands down, not even a contest, but on vista ATI pulls ahead. in the end though its to early to tell, because the drivers arnt final and they make all the diff in the world.

Sounds strangely like a Brandon post.

Considering most of us here use our machines to run the "theoretical benchmarks" how a video card preforms there is more important than getting 5 to 10 FPS in a game. Since both cards run a game at a rate none of us would be unhappy with, it isn't a detracting factor. I'd rather have the ATI drivers FAR away from my rig and have the slightly less FPS.

Besides, who here runs anything at stock speeds anyway? :cr@sh:

P.S. 8800GTS doesn't stand a chance? That's not even oc'd all the way. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2308322

Edited by tarawa

Sounds strangely like a Brandon post.

Considering most of us here use our machines to run the "theoretical benchmarks" how a video card preforms there is more important than getting 5 to 10 FPS in a game. Since both cards run a game at a rate none of us would be unhappy with, it isn't a detracting factor. I'd rather have the ATI drivers FAR away from my rig and have the slightly less FPS.

Besides, who here runs anything at stock speeds anyway? :cr@sh:

P.S. 8800GTS doesn't stand a chance? That's not even oc'd all the way. http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2308322

Neither is this so don't tempt me.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2847395