Change Mode

PC PITSTOP LABOR DAY UNLIMITED

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would help pay for the $600 I still owe newegg for my last upgrade spree. Plus I NEED an HD2900. :lol:

Isnt that card just seeming so interesting lately?? I mean, wow, Its going to do some DX10 whipping. Wait for better drivers, then wow. Just wow. and to think people compared it to the 8800gts.

But still, im scarred for an upgrade, I want to wait for the PCI 2.0 cards, So i might get the step up program from EVGA. :mrsgreen:

I always tell myself to wait, but then I see a price within my reach and go crazy :lol:

A pair of those in crossfire would keep me set for a while, I hope. :h3lp:

those cards are dying in DX10 games as we speak, and they just started. Wait 5 months for real games like crysis and stuff, and you will be lucky to probly get 5 frames. :rofl2:

And when I am running my 9900GTX DX10.1 card, with PCI 2.0 getting over 100 frames, then you will see you should have waited!

:P

those cards are dying in DX10 games as we speak, and they just started. Wait 5 months for real games like crysis and stuff, and you will be lucky to probly get 5 frames. :rofl2:

And when I am running my 9900GTX DX10.1 card, with PCI 2.0 getting over 100 frames, then you will see you should have waited!

:P

Do you have a link for this G80 performance analysis?

Here Ati wins the 8800GTX, looks to me like it cant keep up in DX10. 60 frames arent bad, but not everyone has an Intel X6800 to back it up.

More Here about them. Looks like we are seeing Mid 50, and ATI is still putting up a fight with an 8800GTX OC.

to me, I feel that the DX cards are going to be slow, we just started DX 10 and we are seeing mid 50 in frames.

not good. one year and these cards are completely dead.

Here Ati wins the 8800GTX, looks to me like it cant keep up in DX10. 60 frames arent bad, but not everyone has an Intel X6800 to back it up.

More Here about them. Looks like we are seeing Mid 50, and ATI is still putting up a fight with an 8800GTX OC.

to me, I feel that the DX cards are going to be slow, we just started DX 10 and we are seeing mid 50 in frames.

not good. one year and these cards are completely dead.

In that first link the HD2900 sucked it up in DX10, although it beat the GTX in DX9. See the results at the bottom of the article:

Windows XP DX9 - GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 65

Windows Vista DX10 - GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB 60

Windows XP DX9 - Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB 68

Windows Vista DX10 - Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB 43

It's hard to tell what DX10 will bring, the HD2900 is still improving with every driver release as are the 8800s, at least under Vista. When I first got my 8800 it was almost useless for gaming in Vista but the last couple of beta Forceware releases have made it where I rarely reboot into XP except for benching any more. Seeing Bioshock results is a good bench, since the previous DX10 tests (Lost Planet and Call of Juarez) were sponsored by nV and ATI respectively so they weren't exactly unbiased.

Edited by MeltDown

I have a bit to say on the two above posts.... Meltdown...BioShock is still an Nvidia TWIMTP game so :lol:

And as for that article the 8800GTX was OC'd and they were running 7.7s and 7.8s instead of hotfixed drivers... They really help the 2900 you'll have to trust me on that one...I also saw no texture bug with the hotfix.

it just doesnt seem that these cards are capable of handling games that will come out soon. The 7900 has gone a long way. it still gets a decent 20+ frames in bioshock. And it did do well, really well actually, on games such as fear and such.

Bioshock is a DX10 game and is already making the DX10 cards drop frames.

I thought this was an interesting comparison. Here What do you guys think of how it was done?

it didnt show any real DX10 gaming, Company of Heroes really doesnt cut it,it was updated to be DX10, so it wasnt born into it like other titles are.

most were DX9 benchmarks

I have a bit to say on the two above posts.... Meltdown...BioShock is still an Nvidia TWIMTP game so :lol:

So was Oblivion and we all know how GF7 compares to X19x0 on that one... Good point though, I turned off all the splash screens and missed that.

Yup yup...It's really not an excuse for ati to perform any worse....unless nvidia pays them to make the game detect ati2evxxxx.exe and reduce the frame rate by 50% (which wouldn't suprise me) :lol:

or Nvidia pays all reviewers to say their card is a winner

I thought this was an interesting comparison. Here What do you guys think of how it was done?

I like that it is spread over as many applications as possible. That is really the true test, not necessarily how well it does on a single app, but how well we are overall on average.

Speculation is fun though, but like Meltdown and others mentioned earlier drivers for both cards are constantly evolving, and we will be the winners in the end regardless of the host company. ;)

OK one stupid rules question:

Can I submit scores quickly to be eligible for the first drawing and then update them as I tune the machine better, or is it one submission per person and you should hold off until your machine is maxed out?