Change Mode

PC PITSTOP LABOR DAY UNLIMITED

Your X2 4400 and 8800 GTS should easily beat my scores. THough i'm sure you can get more out of the CPU then just a 2.6GHz OC. I have my Opti 165 at 2.85 GHz and if i swap over to my X2 3800 i know i can get at lest 2.6 GHz out of that. Besides i'm limited to an old 200 GB ATA HDD. That's been the major limiting factor in my Futuremark score and my lower end PNY 7900GS isn't doing as good as a 7900GS should be doing.

I cant get much past 2.6 with 4 512 sticks in 2t timing :angry:

I can get higher with just two sticks but like more memory much better than the oc :)

I am fixing to run some benchies and smoke all you guys :P

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see too many Video card flashes gown wrong but hey its worth a try. The problem i have with the card is if i take the GPU over 550 it gets unstable. PNY tends to use the lower level memory and the cheaper GPUs that are not as good with OCing as better quality chips that say EVGA uses. But i think i will be getting a new WD SATA drive with 16mb Cache. I don't need a Raptor but i do need a better drive.

Paul442 (Update)

Abit aw9d max

qx6700

2 gig Mushkin pc8500 :)

8800GTX non SLI

3 @ 74 gig raptors

3d05 ... http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=3437975 ... 21,527

3d06 ... http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=2995978 ... 15,075

pc05 ... http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm05=1093213 ... 12,660

Score 49,262

Memory is back, time to hook up the SLI.

Looks Good Paul :tup:

those WD Sata 2 drives with 16mb cache are pretty snappy ................ good choice

GOod to here then i'll be getting myself one of the 160Gb dirves. I'll also look into the GPU flash. If a voltage increase will help then i'm all for it. Though i don't know if i'll break 10k on 3D Mark 05 or get much past 5.1k on 3D Mark 06. Heck every bench i have run since i havn't been able to get the scores i have posted. It very odd, but i can't even break 2300 in PC Mark right now. Its like the HDD gave me one good run then said OK i'm done with having decent performance. :pullhair:

Have you tried to raise the NB voltage when you OC? You might try either reinstalling the drivers or even a different build. Sometimes one driver build will work well for some makers cards and some don't. 93.21 worked well on my 7950GT KO. Even flashed it to the KO SC version and it let me raise the voltage by .1. I think it was 1.4 to 1.5 volts but it let the "detect optimal" GPU speeds go from detecting 580MHz or so max to over 620MHZ. So that .1 volts makes a big difference.

Have you tried to raise the NB voltage when you OC? You might try either reinstalling the drivers or even a different build. Sometimes one driver build will work well for some makers cards and some don't. 93.21 worked well on my 7950GT KO. Even flashed it to the KO SC version and it let me raise the voltage by .1. I think it was 1.4 to 1.5 volts but it let the "detect optimal" GPU speeds go from detecting 580MHz or so max to over 620MHZ. So that .1 volts makes a big difference.

I'm on the 93.21 drivers right now. They are the only ones i could get working that would show FM Approved. Havn't touched the NB voltage yet. I have considered upgrading the cooling on the NB though. That may be enough to get me up to 2.9 GHz or even 3.0 GHZ and remain stable. Right now my 2.85 GHz with this Opti 165 is the best OC i've seen on a 165 without better then air cooling. But i also need to get a HS on my V/Rs. The CM Eclips does a good job of getting air to the VRs but i think additional cooling will help.

I have the VF-900 cooler on my video card so with the right voltages and all i should be able to get a good OC on the card. My overall goal here is to break 20k in the total points. We'll see if i can pull that off or not. We'll see where i'm at once i get the new HDD. I have a ND cooler already its just on another board right now. Guess i'll take it back to stock and put the Jing Ting on my OCed system.

Everyone who was entered by the deadline for the first drawing was eligible for the first drawing and also the second drawing.

Everyone who gets entered by the deadline for the second drawing with be eligible for the second drawing along with the people who are already entered since the first drawing.

The final drawing is from the top 10 scores entered for the whole contest. :mrgreen:

Just enter your email and a password there and they'll get you straightened out.....

then test and submit your score online. When the page opens login and change the name "untitled" to "sirheck" without ", hit *update* and you're good to go.....

Your link should look like this....: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=3080741

:geezer:

Edited by caintry_boy

Just enter your email and a password there and they'll get you straightened out.....

then test and submit your score online. When the page opens login and change the name "untitled" to "sirheck" without ", hit *update* and you're good to go.....

Your link should look like this....: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=3080741

:geezer:

Don't forget to add PC Pitstop to the name as well. Contest rules and all. :rolleyes:

I made it! :clap:

The reason I had Problems ocing the first go round was because I got my system cold too fast before I fired up the bench's, so the CPU got below 0 and i had some condensation under the CPU :cr@sh:

Dried it out and I'm back!

got lucky this time :geezer:

I made it! :clap:

The reason I had Problems ocing the first go round was because I got my system cold too fast before I fired up the bench's, so the CPU got below 0 and i had some condensation under the CPU :cr@sh:

Dried it out and I'm back!

got lucky this time :geezer:

Great! glad to see it worked out for you Ray!

Now put up some scores! :lol: