Change Mode

PC PITSTOP LABOR DAY UNLIMITED

tarawa, I'm not really doubting you bro'. When you uninstalled the 163's did you run Driver Cleaner or "a" driver cleaner?? If not try it one more time and use Driver Cleaner, then install the 158.22's.....

:geezer:

DH Driver Cleaner Professional Edition. I ran it, booted to safe mode, ran it again in safe mode, booted back to windows and installed 158.22. I even ran another test when I saw your post and it says 158.22 FM approved.

I didn't think you were doubting me. If it was just me I'd doubt me. :D Something screwy is obviously going on at the ORB. I've never had this trouble before.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I stayed up till 1:00am to get the driver situation fixed. Ran DC pro put on the 158.22, ran atest and it said that they were still not approved. Listened to what everyone had said here at the pit. Took Flews advice to run the whole system at stock speeds remove again with DC Pro in safe mode and now it works just fine.

Will play around with it and see if it works just fine if I OC. ;)

I have spent countless hours trying to get Futuremark to approve my drivers, and no luck. I have tried Catalyst 7.8, 7.7, 7.6, and 7.9 all many times. Reinstalled them again and again. Run DriverCleaner Pro between installs. I think they just won't approve any drivers on 64-bit Vista, and I have no time for a reinstall. Although it didn't work on 32-bit either. :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

Can I show a screenshot or some alternative as proof I'm using the right drivers, since it appears the ORB hates me?

Could the problem be whatever OCing utility you are using? Maybe its an older version and/or causing changes to the drives which makes ORB unable to ID the drivers correctly. There has to be some reason behind it all.

It doesn't look like FM lists any Vista drivers as being approved for 3d05 (for ATI or nV). Does this mean 3d05 is not allowed under Vista for this contest or people should use the drivers that are approved for Vista in 3d06?

For Vista, use the FM approved driver for 05 and we can approve it whether FM does or not.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1421207

just catching up before i post some scores of my own, i'm finding this hilarious that people are crying about spending hours and hours trying to get a driver working obviously because of the new vista.

well, is it more or could you have just reinstalled XP, posted some tests, and then put Vista back on in probably less time?

but ya know though, why aren't the 162.18 fm approved yet?! LOL

Edited by wdeydwondrer

just catching up before i post some scores of my own, i'm finding this hilarious that people are crying about spending hours and hours trying to get a driver working obviously because of the new vista.

well, is it more or could you have just reinstalled XP, posted some tests, and then put Vista back on in probably less time?

but ya know though, why aren't the 162.18 fm approved yet?! LOL

It's not just Vista the 158.22 for XP. Myself and many other people have spent countless hours trying to get the FM approved drivers to work on FM for XP!

You guys will be fine, over the week I've seen so many people that had the problem, and they followed what IG has been stressing all week, and they got their to work...

Infact here I quote somebody who tried it out...

My drivers were unapproved, I ran DC, rebooted to safe mode, reran DC, booted back up, installed 158.22 that I dl'd from the nvidia website, it showed up fine in FM.

It works... :geezer:

I guess the orb just hates me. :mrsgreen:

ran 162.22 on a fresh install of Vista...

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=3057319

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_162.22.html

Hey Ray, if your trying to get FM approved drivers for Vista, there is none. I_G said if you use the same drivers for XP 158.22 that they will approve it even though FM doesn't.