DDR 500 Muskin 2x 1gb

3D Mark 05----8753

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=3449130

3D Mark 06----5042

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=3028803

PC Mark 05----4173

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm05=1084622

Total----17968

Finally got working drivers. Sorry for all the trouble.

Good Going mpilchfamily. Nice scores and nice job. :rocks:

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, the rules are staying. They were written that way for a reason. It may be a little trouble to use FM approved drivers but in the scheme of things it helps to insure the drivers aren't modded. It will apply to any ATI entries also.

Ray I'm not sure how using a WHQL certified driver would kill anyones machine.

" Miggs... my board would let me do 4+ gigs but I hurt something just clocking it to 3.8 last night

This BS with the drivers is gonna kill this contest or the PC's entered".

Sorry you're having so much trouble.

Yes, a few people including shogan have had that exact issue. Uninstalling, running driver cleaner, and reinstalling has resolved it.

Ok, thanks I_G. Will try that tonight, and compare scores with XP and Vista and see which one scores higher!

Sho it sounds like the drivers on XP will do fine untill you overclock.

Nope, the rules are staying. They were written that way for a reason. It may be a little trouble to use FM approved drivers but in the scheme of things it helps to insure the drivers aren't modded. It will apply to any ATI entries also.

Ray I'm not sure how using a WHQL certified driver would kill anyones machine.

" Miggs... my board would let me do 4+ gigs but I hurt something just clocking it to 3.8 last night

This BS with the drivers is gonna kill this contest or the PC's entered".

Sorry you're having so much trouble.

No worries sho, it was just something that came up from somewhere in my head lol.. You guys probably know better, and know what ur doing, so ima gonna.... ziplock my lips.. :rolleyes:

Agreed . good job Tarawa

hey for anyone else having driver issues and is afraid something is going to Break down or burn up as a result of the drivers

try running them stock till you get it worked out then go for the OC if you want

Wo Ho I'm still bottom of the list. Way to go last place. :rocks:

So who wants a piece of this action? Come on where are all the non Intel systems? :nana:

There should be a sub category for all of us who don't have quads.

Well, I'm running ya' a close second there lil' bro' and I do have an Intel setup..... :pullhair:

Just out of curiosity, why are you requiring FM approved drivers? Is it mainly to make sure people don't use modded/hacked drivers?

The main reason is that if it's good enough for Furture Mark it's good enough for me. Basically it keeps things a lot simpler and since we're always using FutureMark benchmarks why not go along with their program. It seems to work well for them and certainly doesn't stop anyone from putting up scores on the ORB.

Although it doesn't completely stop people from using modded drivers it does at least help to cut down on that also. Besides this isn't the first, last, or only contest at PC Pitstop. It's just this one. There will be others that have diffrent rules and different bench marks. In fact we have The Second Annual 2007 Pitstop 500 coming up right after this contest. :clap:

6. Eligible entrants for first drawing must have FutureMark Approved Scores by 9/15

Does that mean I have to get scores posted in 10 minutes to be eligible, or by the end of the day on 9/15?

These drivers are driving me crazy :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

Dude I haven't changed them since putting the 158.22 drivers on and posting a score. :(

Ya'll need to forget this FM approved stuff. Unlimited is UNLIMITED. Who cares what drivers someone uses? It's causing too many problems.

Posted Image

Edited by tarawa

The Orb is screwed up. This "FM approved" driver thing is stupid considering it obviously can't even tell what driver I'm using correctly. I've had the 158.22 on since being told that was the one I had to have, posted two sets of scores that were "approved" and all of a sudden it says I'm using a different driver?? Posted Image

Stupid Orb... :pullhair:

I know. That's what I'm talking about. On tests labeled Run 1 and 2 they both are approved. Run 3 says it isn't but I haven't changed the drivers since when you said I had to have 158.22.

People are being panelized for a screw up by the orb.

Futuremark ORB is very sensitive to any tweaks intentional or ortherwise that have been performed on the drivers. Specifically level of detail alterations make the ORB's ID process throw up some flags.

I intend no disrespect to anyone for what I'm about to say, but, for a free contest that is offering $500.00 in prizes, I think working to make the ORB say "FM Approved" is a very small small concession.

BTW, great job so far Cops and Judges. :tup:

I have spent countless hours trying to get Futuremark to approve my drivers, and no luck. I have tried Catalyst 7.8, 7.7, 7.6, and 7.9 all many times. Reinstalled them again and again. Run DriverCleaner Pro between installs. I think they just won't approve any drivers on 64-bit Vista, and I have no time for a reinstall. Although it didn't work on 32-bit either. :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

Can I show a screenshot or some alternative as proof I'm using the right drivers, since it appears the ORB hates me?

Edited by Simonsells91

I know. That's what I'm talking about. On tests labeled Run 1 and 2 they both are approved. Run 3 says it isn't but I haven't changed the drivers since when you said I had to have 158.22.

People are being panelized for a screw up by the orb.

tarawa, I'm not really doubting you bro'. When you uninstalled the 163's did you run Driver Cleaner or "a" driver cleaner?? If not try it one more time and use Driver Cleaner, then install the 158.22's.....

:geezer: