Change Mode

PC PITSTOP LABOR DAY UNLIMITED

OMG! Vista 32bit= teh OWN. Just installed it there to run PCM05 and I ran some 3D05 for the lols...20.7k with only 860/1000 and 3.4ghz cpu....that's better than my tweaked XP and I'm not even using LOD yet! Could be partly the 7.9s too... But I'm VERY happy with my vista now except that it's only for 30 days because apparently I can only upgrade from XP (like that's gonna happen)

Vista is nice Big. Even better when Nvidia gets their drivers right.! :)
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my best 06 run is just over 20k prior to this comp but the current score shows no co op adapters it may be a driver glitch tho

best 05 run is aprox 28k ( old scores )

i'm not a fan of NV chipsets either

Holy crap those are good scores! :clap:

Anyway I'm pretty sure your SLI is working. When you look at 3d05 scores with single 8800s like:

mine, Paul442's, Luis_GT's, Shogan191's

compared to SLI like:

yours and Lou's

you can see how the single cards can hang with the SLI or even be slightly ahead through the "Return to Proxycon" and "Firefly Forest" tests but the SLI dominates on the "Canyon Flight" test. And then in 3d06 the SLI kicks the single cards' butt to varying degrees in all 4 game tests.

For whatever it's worth ORB says "no" on Lou's score for co-operative adapters too.

Edited by MeltDown

my best 06 run is just over 20k prior to this comp but the current score shows no co op adapters it may be a driver glitch tho

best 05 run is aprox 28k ( old scores )

i'm not a fan of NV chipsets either

None of mine (SLI or not) show as co op adapters either. What I don't get is yours shows at 8x AGP rate. All mine and others I've seen show at 16x.

None of mine (SLI or not) show as co op adapters either. What I don't get is yours shows at 8x AGP rate. All mine and others I've seen show at 16x.

Same thing here! I know they are running in Sli but shows no co-op adaptors.

That could explain why his scores are down... also I see Flew's 3d05 results as showing 4x AGP, where Lou's SLI results and all the other single card scores show 16x. I know my stupid P965 board I used to use would sometimes drop the PCIe link to x4 or even x1 when OC'ing and then I'd have to go play with the MCH voltage and PCIe frequency until it jumped back to x16. Thankfully this P35 board has (so far) not pulled any of that mess on me. I've never messed with a 680i so I don't know if it has this same issue. When my 965 board did that to me I could tell if it was working right or not by looking at the mainboard tab in CPU-Z rather than sleeping through yet another 3dmark run only to find bad results at the end.

That could explain why his scores are down... also I see Flew's 3d05 results as showing 4x AGP, where Lou's SLI results and all the other single card scores show 16x. I know my stupid P965 board I used to use would sometimes drop the PCIe link to x4 or even x1 when OC'ing and then I'd have to go play with the MCH voltage and PCIe frequency until it jumped back to x16. Thankfully this P35 board has (so far) not pulled any of that mess on me. I've never messed with a 680i so I don't know if it has this same issue. When my 965 board did that to me I could tell if it was working right or not by looking at the mainboard tab in CPU-Z rather than sleeping through yet another 3dmark run only to find bad results at the end.

This conversation is piquing my interest....what do y'all think of the AGP rates for these scores with 2 7950GX 2's...?

Posted Image

Posted Image

:blink:

This conversation is piquing my interest....what do y'all think of the AGP rates for these scores with 2 7950GX 2's...?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Theres something strange going on at FM.

I have two 88s showing 16/NA :unsure:

Posted Image

Gonna do some clocking wednesday, so I'll get some scores up soon :geezer:

I invited one of my coworkers over to see how it's done... he'll be hooked after that. :shifty:

I'll be aiming for Flewpastu's score :boxing:

Aim High ...... i got some better ones waiting :lol:

hey thx for the input guys . i just finished building my PC for work to replace my old one . looks sharp

but i'll check everest tomorrow

Hello all I am from the xcpus.com team and plan on participating. I am currently running into problems though.

Futuremark's approved driver list is screwed up. I tried using what is supposed to be the approved driver for my 7600gt and when I go to install it the setup program says that the driver did not support my hardware. I went to see if maybe I could install it through device manager and found out that the driver is only good for the latest onboard Nvida 7000 series graphics, the 8 series and a couple quadros. How am I supposed to do this with an approved driver when the one that FM gives as being approved does not work because it is the wrong driver to begin with?

Gonna do some clocking wednesday, so I'll get some scores up soon :geezer:

I invited one of my coworkers over to see how it's done... he'll be hooked after that. :shifty:

I'll be aiming for Flewpastu's score :boxing:

Hi logainofhades, or try the 158.22 drivers found here:

http://download.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1632

I went an looked at it and it does not support my card. If I end up using my main system and not the system I just built for a buddy of mine that I am still using for [email protected] till he gives me the money for it I will use the 94.24 drivers. There was another guy over @ xcpus that was running into the same problem with his 7900gs so I thought I would help him out and take care of a potential problem for myself. The other machine for now is running W2K so I have yet to do any benchmarks with it yet. It has a better video card than I do though.

Product Support List Windows XP 32-bit – 158.22

GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a

GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a

GeForce 8300 GS

GeForce 8400 GS

GeForce 8500 GT

GeForce 8600 GT

GeForce 8600 GTS

GeForce 8800 GTS

GeForce 8800 GTS

GeForce 8800 Ultra

Quadro FX 4600

Quadro FX 5600

Edited by logainofhades

I went an looked at it and it does not support my card. If I end up using my main system and not the system I just built for a buddy of mine that I am still using for [email protected] till he gives me the money for it I will use the 94.24 drivers. There was another guy over @ xcpus that was running into the same problem with his 7900gs so I thought I would help him out and take care of a potential problem for myself. The other machine for now is running W2K so I have yet to do any benchmarks with it yet. It has a better video card than I do though.

Product Support List Windows XP 32-bit – 158.22

GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a

GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a

GeForce 8300 GS

GeForce 8400 GS

GeForce 8500 GT

GeForce 8600 GT

GeForce 8600 GTS

GeForce 8800 GTS

GeForce 8800 GTS

GeForce 8800 Ultra

Quadro FX 4600

Quadro FX 5600

My bad. I didn't bother to read the list of supported cards toward the bottom, I was just going with FM's requirement. The 94.24 drivers should be fine.....

:geezer: