Change Mode

Is this a good score?

Well people in the computer world have been saying my system is ancient. I hope to upgrade my hard drive to a Western Digital 750GB soon and perhaps a duo processor with an intel motherboard. But thats at least 7 months away. Anything else I can do in the meantime to improve performance without spending anything? I've run a bunch of spyware software and defragged system, but thats about it. Here's my results:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=QLLJHW7BX4VSQX7V

that system is pretty fast!

the only draw back is it is a single core and the 9700 is kinda out dated.

other then that, it isnt ancient? most people I know dont have anything that comparable!

Thanks. I appreciate the reply. Well I'm glad you feel that way. Literally, I keep getting told this thing is a piece of crap. I know my video card could use an upgrade. I think right now I'm more interested in upgrading the hard drive to a 750GB Western Digital. Then we're talking fast. But this Maxtor at 320GB is a piece of crap. That and like you said, the single core needs a duo upgrade. But thanks again.

that system is pretty fast!

the only draw back is it is a single core and the 9700 is kinda out dated.

other then that, it isnt ancient? most people I know dont have anything that comparable!

Thanks. I appreciate the reply. Well I'm glad you feel that way. Literally, I keep getting told this thing is a piece of crap. I know my video card could use an upgrade. I think right now I'm more interested in upgrading the hard drive to a 750GB Western Digital. Then we're talking fast. But this Maxtor at 320GB is a piece of crap. That and like you said, the single core needs a duo upgrade. But thanks again.

that hard drive is good??

I bet the people that keep telling you are cocky alienware people

YOu can buy the AMD X2 dual core upgrade for less then $100.

Then get yourself a decent 7600 or 8600GT for $120

then wait till January and make a final upgrade. But with what you have now, you are still ok.

:wp: Haddonfield04

To quote the pit test

This system performs extremely well on our benchmarks and appears to be among the fastest systems available!

You have a pretty good system, definitely can do whatever you throw at it. But upgrades are always fun :mrgreen:

Well honestly, what I'd like to do is upgrade to a Western Digital hard drive at 750GB. They're only about $120. Then I'd like to upgrade to a new processor duo core and then eventually a new video card. Everything else is in good shape. Oh yea and definately a new disc drive with HD capability. But I'm waiting for those prices to fall.

:wp: Haddonfield04

To quote the pit test

You have a pretty good system, definitely can do whatever you throw at it. But upgrades are always fun :mrgreen:

Well, now is a great time to get a new CPU, prices are cheap. Like El Kido said, an Athlon 64 X2 can be had for under $100. Hard drives are relatively cheap too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well honestly, what I'd like to do is upgrade to a Western Digital hard drive at 750GB. They're only about $120. Then I'd like to upgrade to a new processor duo core and then eventually a new video card. Everything else is in good shape. Oh yea and definately a new disc drive with HD capability. But I'm waiting for those prices to fall.

You've still got 160GB free on your 320GB drive. Upgrading to a 750GB drive will do very little if anything to improving your system performance. You might see a marginal increase in going from a PATA hard drive to a SATA II drive (technically would nearly double the theoretical bandwidth), but it won't do nearly as much as a proper CPU or graphics card upgrade.

Archived