Change Mode

CPU Overclocking

When i built my system, i overclocked my CPU (Athalon 2.2G), to 2.68G and have ran it that way for months with no problem. Lately, i've been getting the blue screen warning saying windows has shut down to prevent damage. I dropped the clock speed to 2.4G and still get the warning. It'll only run at the stock 2.2G setting. I'm using a huge Zalman fan and there's never been any great temp. differance in bios. Anyone have any idea what's causing this? Thanks

look at your ram, possibly reapply new thermal paste, and what power supply are you using? if your psu was at new max draw then a few months would degrade it to putting out less than what's needed to be stable for an o/c

also you could have corrupted your windows install if there's no pci locks on your board as it would have increaed your speed to the HDs and they don't usually like being overclocked.

look at your ram, possibly reapply new thermal paste, and what power supply are you using? if your psu was at new max draw then a few months would degrade it to putting out less than what's needed to be stable for an o/c

also you could have corrupted your windows install if there's no pci locks on your board as it would have increaed your speed to the HDs and they don't usually like being overclocked.

Maybe the HSF has some dust bunnies on it. Clean it up so the heat disperses around the fins on the Zalman better.

i have troubled installing Windows and Ubuntu before. When i ran memtest, it had many errors. It has been solved by simply cleaning the memory sticks (including the gold connectors) and by reseating them.

try checking your memory.

and even i push my processor to the limit (4.5ghz from 3.06ghz, 800fsb vs 400fsb WTH lol), i still have no probs (besides temp probs :P )

Edited by ineedhelpregularly21