Change Mode

Dell Inspiron 9300 Dim LCD Screen

Hi Everyone, Im having problems witn my LCD screen. About 3 months ago I noticed that it was very dark and i thought it was just the normal life of the LCD Screen catching up wiht it. (I have had it for about 2 years and its on 18+ hours a day) So I called up Dell and had them send me a brand new screen (Screen and new bulbs) I put it in but its still just as dark, my friend has the same exact laptop and his is about 40-50% brighter then mine is. Does anyone have any ideas about why the screen is still so dark? (yes i have tried holding in the function key and turning the brightness up all the way. :P

Thanks!

Joe

how about when it's plugged in?

Same thing Still not as bright as it originally was. But yoru right, it almost looks like its not getting that little boost that it used to when you plug it in. Like when you unplug it and plug it in it doesn't flicker like used to do. Is there a program that lets you change the amount of power that goes to the bulbs? I tried to change the setting for my video card that lets you change the brightness of the screen but its not bulb brightness just color so it washes everything out.

Here is my comp specs, not that this will help but.... http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=D4QUHWTL7YVS6SJW

Edited by cobash19

i got the same laptop just with a 7800gtx.

and there should be a setting in bios that will let you put it up that might do the trick.

also if that doesint do it also could be the inverter on its way out but whats weird it doesint let you change the brighness when you push fn and up in down ?

can you lower the brightness does it work?

i got the same laptop just with a 7800gtx.

and there should be a setting in bios that will let you put it up that might do the trick.

also if that doesint do it also could be the inverter on its way out but whats weird it doesint let you change the brighness when you push fn and up in down ?

can you lower the brightness does it work?

Yea it lets me put it up and down with the FN key but at its highest its still dark.

have to be the inverter or something than sense the buttons working.

did you go in the bios and change the brightness?

Yea it was at the max. See this is what i don't understand tho when i hooked the screen up there was only 1 plug that i had to plug in and that went straight into my video card.... so i don't know where this things pulling power from or where the inverter is located. But something strage I noticed today was when i open the lid its really really dark but it kinda fades brighter and it stops after about 15 seconds. Kinda like its warming up or something.

should be 2 plugs one go in the video card than another one plugs in the inverter thats located on the bottom when you open it up were it says dell on the bottom of the screen breeze.

i whould check the inverter wires and see if they plug in or something.

wait there is ony 1 wire and that plugs in the video card.

but there should be 2 wires on the inverter like the screen goes to the inverter than on the other end of the inverter there another wire and that goes to the video.

i whould check those wires maybee they loose. and there should be one on the back of the screen also for the video.

if they they good the ony things i whould say is the inverter is bad or going out or the video card is on its way out but i lean more to the inverter than the video card.

Edited by gordesky1