Change Mode

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOO i got my 7900gs today looks pretty cool =) but one thing is.... it plays my GAMES WORSE WoW only gets 20 fps lol and fear gets 10 fps ... and i did a PC pit stop test http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=NWF7HW1WLKWSSXGW it went DOWN and says somthing is wrong with it anyone know what is wrong???

Edited by Lusafis

yea i made sure i used CC cleaner and im not saying the pcpitstop test im just saying WoW plays like crap lol my old Radeon X1300 play better then this card im getting 20 FPS and below right now on WoW with this comp with grapichs down lol but on oblivion and GRAW i play on MAX settings and no lag (well on oblivion i get a little bit of lag but that is with everything turned on and maxed

Thats really weird..

Some games work really well, some don't..

What drivers are you using, and what resolution?

F.E.A.R is one of the more taxing games around, and won't work if your going too high on the resolution.

Edited by porksandwich9113

well im using the Nivida drivers from there website (the most updated ones) and im using 1280X1024 and EVERY game i have is MAXED and over 40FPS on all the games but WoW.... 20FPS-10FPs sometimes 2fps lol and i have everything down

well im using the Nivida drivers from there website (the most updated ones) and im using 1280X1024 and EVERY game i have is MAXED and over 40FPS on all the games but WoW.... 20FPS-10FPs sometimes 2fps lol and i have everything down

I honestly don't know..

TBH, it sounds like more of a problem with the game, rather than the card..

Have you tried using the repair feature in wow? Maybe even re-installing the game if you get time?

I was looking at the wow support site, and it sounds like something is corrupt, or your WTH/Cache folders need to be deleted.

I know you can save patches and such so you don't have to re-download them..

How about your UI, do you run a ton of mods? What areas do you get 10-20FPS in?

i get 10FPs in open areas (everywhere and this is when no one else is on the screen......) o and just tryed Need for speed carbon and i lag a little bit in it only when there is like 10 cars next to me and doing a turn but that aint to bad lol but i got AA on X4 on that game lol but yea i really need to fix the WoW lol mostly the game i play no i only run 3 mods and that is it i just reinstalled WoW last night when i did that system resotre ill try deleting those files and do the repair thing ill give you a update in a few mins

ok did the repair thing and still nothing when the grapichs were down i was getting 10fps and when i turned them all the way up agian it went up to 20fps btu still low =(

just picked up that rainbow six game ... pretty fun says i need a 3.8prosser but im playing the game with 60FPS at max settings this card ROCKS still trying to get WoW to work =(

Coolbits is a great tool for overclocking your video card.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815

If i linked it to the right one, you install a registry tweak, restart your computer, bam overclocking options in your control panel.

Click the "find optimal" button, it does all the work for you.

My little bro has been getting 30-40 in shattrath, and in battle grounds..max settings, 1280X1024 Resolution.

Honestly, i think the problem lies with windows vista.

Theres no explanation how Graw and Rainbow six work at 60FPS, but wow gets like 10..

Congrats on your new card!!

you know i've had alot of strange performance issues inVista, i tried an ati X1300Pro 256MB, and an nvidia 6200 256Mb (they suck for games, but i run dual 19" lcd's here at work)

i would get constant blue screens and game lag with both cards.

I fixed it by simply switching back to XP!! Lol :pullhair::lol::lol:

I hate Vista for gaming, too much overhead! i had 2GB of ram, and also used a 2GB USB drive for vista's Ready Boost or whatever it's called. vista looks nice, but XP rocks for games.

maybe you should do a clean install of Vista, or switch to XP

well i got the vista upgrade so if i was to reformat my harddrive will that erase vista??? or will it install it self agian or do i have to buy a whole new disk for vista (i got the xp disk but its the full version) im just afried that if i erase my hard drive it will wipe vista and i just wasted 150$ lol

At neweggs site.

If you go find the card again, the little place where it says Mail-In Rebate in green, under the price. Click that.

I think it downloads a PDF or somthing, you print it, bam. All done.

And yes, if you go back to XP it will be reformatted, and will you lose everything.

Other only way aronud this, is to burn your data you need onto Cd's, DVD's, Get a second or external hard drive.

It honestly depends on how much you need to save, but Vista is still crap with alot of games.

Sooner, (or later), it will be fixed.

ok how about this if i use my vista disk to reformat (its a upgrade disk) and when it earse everything will it install vista agian??? like i dont have to go out and buy a new vitsa disk right?

no, you will not have to buy another vista disk. but since it's an upgrade, you might have to re install XP first.

(if it was me, i would re install XP, and not bother with Vista) but i don't know if you can get your money back for your vista disk.

anyway, after xp is reinstalled, then do the vista upgrade. i think that's how the upgrade disk works..