Change Mode

my psu is a bestec 300Watt max but i see that 1950pro is the best thing to get my 8500 cost like 30$ more then that lol so i mean i can get a good card i think (on the side of the 8500 it says you need a 400watt

i just want to get somthing that can play all my games to the max lol

Edited by Lusafis
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?id=LVLEHW1WLKWSJA9W here is my pit test

right nowi got

DVD-RW burner

DVD drive

my 250gig hard drive

my wireless internet card

pentium 4 3.0 HT

stick of 2 512MB and 2 256MB

plus the grapichs card and thats about it

also i got 2 fans and one lights up

Edited by Lusafis

What size fans?

Are they the PSU Fan, or other system fans?

With all that the 7900GS came out at 271 Watts, and the 1950XT at 291.

The 1950 would be much to close for my liking, however, i personally would be confortable running a 7900GS under that PSU, assuming the rail puts out 20 AMPS.

Even though they recommend something higher, it's honestly overkill most of the time.

As for the accuracy of this calculator, i determined what PSU i would be getting by plugging in my system specs on it, and it was dead on in terms of what it said, and what my power consumption truely is.

Edited by porksandwich9113

i came out with 327 lol i got two i THINK 80MM fan but i got two one on top of my tower and one of the side and one of them light up

Edited by Lusafis

Herm, i looked at your Pittest, and plugged everything in with a 7900GS, it only came up with a 293 now after the fans, and realized you have 4 DIMMS of ram...what am i missing?

And also, plugging in the same set-up with a 8500GT came up with 288.

I would say the 7900GS is a go-go.

Edited by porksandwich9113

ok i order that XFX 7900Gs you said to get hopfully it will get here really soon =) and hope it will work=( should i remove my 2 sticks of 256ram so my powersupply can handel the card???? or just leave it be and pray for it to work =(

ok i threw in my old X1300 so i can wait for my 7900 to arrive but when i put it in and i put the driver cd in and when it is installing a error message comes up and says setup was unable to complete the installation try to setup your display adapter with a standard vga driver before running the setup

so i cant play any games becuase it says i dont have a grapichs card in lol

Edited by Lusafis

well i unstalled the driver but i installed a thing called Ntune but when i try to unstall it it says (this software requires an nividia nforce 2 or nforce3 motherboard to operate no required porducts were detected installation will now be aborted